Job Summary:“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life
- Render Blue-Sky immersive product ideas, retail environments, graphics, pitch decks, and mood boards.
- Design retail and immersive concepts, pitch decks and global research and forecasting presentations for domestic and international sites.
- Supports Manager in identifying and developing new retail opportunity’s, inclusive of demographic and site-specific opportunities, products, and immersive experiences
- Synthesize external market trends, interpret data on consumer behaviors and competitive analysis daily from secondary research engines including but not limited to: Trend hunter, WGSN, Contagious, Kantar, Stylus, Mint Moda, and Net-base and all secondary sources via Marketing
- Partner daily with Manager to forecast and synthesize occurrences in retail landscape, demography and consumer behavior into Macro and Micro Trends.
- Understand what drives the behavior of our Guest, aspirations, inspiration, satisfaction, and dissatisfaction
- Uses design-based thinking and tools to apply technology, market, consumer, culture, and business models to a merchandise product and/or immersive experience.
Basic Qualifications:What You Bring to the Table...
- Relevant experience related to Merchandise, Design, Graphic Design, Trend Forecasting, Themed product development, brand development, new store development, and Experience Design
- Must be proficient in: Keynote, IMovie, SketchUp, Revit, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, 3D Studio Max
- Passion for Retail and Retail Forecasting
- Must be High level of interest, knowledge, and experience with the Disney Brand
- Experience using Design-based thinking and tools
- Good understanding of brand while researching, recognizing and synthesizing broad patterns and trends that will resonate with the guest
- Content creation and video editing
- Solid communication & presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to render and develop multiple projects at a fast pace
Preferred Qualifications:Nice to Haves...
- Ability to collaborate with others, accept feedback, and enthusiastically perform a wide range of tasks.
- Detail-oriented, strong self-initiative and ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- High level of energy with strong desire to learn and grow.
- Previous work experience with The Walt Disney Company
- Junior, Senior or Graduate level student pursuing a degree in Merchandise Presentation, Interior Design, Graphic Design or equivalent field OR have graduated within 6 months
Additional Information:Materials Required:
- *An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be included as a URL link listed on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered**
- *College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are March 2020 – June 2020.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.