Job Summary:Digital Analytics Internship, Fall 2020 - Orlando, FL
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Global Marketing & Sales organization within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights.
Within CIMA, the Digital & Travel Operations Analytics team provides analysis across the primary modes used by Guests/clients for vacation discovery, planning, transacting, and management to enable decision making and optimization.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life:
- Use data-based insights to tell stories about website and app performance
- Provide insights into website and app usage and communicate opportunities or issues to leadership
- Support product owners, digital management, and marketing teams with ad-hoc reporting and in- depth analysis
- Manage the compilation and dissemination of regular (e.g., weekly, monthly, quarterly) reports on business performance of digital channels
- Solicit and collect commentary from various partners and clients
- Seek opportunities to improve report processes, data collection procedures and analytical methods
- Leverage business knowledge and analytical expertise to deliver the appropriate metric with the necessary context
- Provide guidance and support to casual users/ consumers of the metrics
- Guide data requirements by working with other data management, analytic, technology and business groups within the enterprise to ensure that the data needed is available for analysis
Basic Qualifications:What You Bring to the Role:
- Familiarity with digital analytics or other quantitative fields
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn new programs and skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced complex business environment
- Experience collecting and analyzing data and reporting on the results
- Ability to develop clear and concise thoughts into findings and recommendations
- Strong sense of responsibility, ownership and pride in delivering quality results, and understanding the business impacts
- Experience with Google Analytics/Adobe Analytics (Omniture SiteCatalyst)
- Statistical knowledge (significance testing, regressions, forecasting)
- Proficiency with R or Python
- Experience with data visualization tools to create compelling presentations
- Database knowledge and understanding of SQL or other similar coding tools
- Junior or higher working towards (or recently graduated with), a Bachelor's or Graduate degree in Marketing, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Economics or other quantitative field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2020 through January 2021.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Housing: A limited number of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.