Deloitte has long been at the forefront of internal control innovations but now we have taken it a step further; our mission is to create the Future of Controls. Therefore we are looking for talented graduates and newly graduated to join us and support exciting and innovative Internal Control & Internal Audit Transformations. Are you up for the task?
If you want to help make a difference and you are finishing a degree within audit, risk management, accounting, finance, economics, business administration, or similar, and are looking for the ideal place to develop and kickstart your career, then join Risk Advisory’s Consultant School in August 2023.
We offer an outstanding learning experience and promise a dedicated approach towards your continuous learning and development. From day one you will be enrolled in our Consultant School program, tailored to help accelerate talent development from early stages, and connect you with other graduates with whom you will onboard on your consulting journey
You will become part of our Future of Controls team within the Accounting and Internal Controls function. The team consists of many nationalities with varied backgrounds, and we embrace inclusion and diversity of thought. We belong to Risk Advisory – a multidisciplinary function dealing with all aspects of risk and compliance.
How you can help us achieve our mission on Future of Controls
In the current climate, controls are largely focused on financial reporting and are rarely prioritized until they fail and present an unnecessary disruption to the business. Our Future of Controls team is here to change this, and we are looking for ambitious graduates who are interested in developing the ‘Future of Controls’ for our clients through:
- Looking beyond financial controls by encompassing operational, ESG and other equally relevant areas of the business
- Usage of gamification, culture surveys and interactive client workshops
- Clear and honest reviews of the current state through internal audits that really add value.
Exciting tasks await you
Based on client needs, your skills and preferences, the focus of your assignments may vary within these topics:
- Support and coordinate Internal Controls Transformation projects from start to finish. This may include support with interviews, workshops and establishing the right controls’ culture.
- Analyze business processes, both financial and operational, to identify risks and provide advisory for optimization purposes; often through deployment of innovative ways such as automation, robotics and new technologies.
- Conduct gamification and other interactive Future of Controls sessions with clients, eg. internal controls labs and facilitation and management over internal control training and awareness programs.
- Connect the dots between technology and traditional internal control approaches.
- Support clients to identify their weaknesses and improvement areas through Internal Audit projects that add immediate value, both locally and internationally.
You have the following skills and experience
- A degree in audit, risk management, accounting, finance, economics, business administration, or similar.
- Great interest in internal controls or internal audit and a strong service mindset.
- Ability to work independently, but also as a team player.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, troubleshooting and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English is a requirement, Danish is an advantage but not required).
- Ability to build strong client relations or strong interest in learning relationship building and consulting skills.
- Curios and passionate – you like to do things differently through innovative approaches such as data analytics, RPA and technology, and constantly looking to learn more.
How we ensure your continuous development
We offer you a strong and often life-long professional network allowing you to unfold your full potential. You will become part of a large team, and your development will take place in a truly diverse environment. We believe in leadership at all levels. Therefore, we foster a culture that encourages you to take the lead on your personal development in close collaboration with your team lead, while your colleagues will serve as your sounding board and support all the way through.
Click the apply button below if you are ready to join our Future of Controls team. Attach your CV, cover letter and grade transcript from your Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degrees, as well as other relevant documents. We process applications and arrange interviews on a continuous basis, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible. For further questions please contact Partner, Michiel van Hulsteijn at firstname.lastname@example.org or Partner, Kristina Wiese Tranberg at email@example.com
Join Graduate Night
Meet our people and discover your possibilities in Risk Advisory, including all the great support and training we offer for new employees. We are hosting an event to give you insights into Risk Advisory and our Consultant School. The event takes place on 23 November 2022 from 17:00 to 20:00. Read more about Graduate Night and sign up here: RA Graduate Night 2022 - YoungCRM
We look forward to connect with you!