Our opportunityBusiness Analyst in Insurance
Not many years ago, insurance distribution and reporting was all about excel (big spreadsheets sent via emails), now the same problems stay but new technologies emerge. We, in Zurich Insurance, are facing it as everyone else, and we want to give you opportunity to grow with us.
You will work with developers, business analysts, data analysts, business leads and local peers within Commercial insurance actuarial team.
Candidates from Ukraine are encouraged to apply.
Your roleAs Business Analyst in Insurance, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Rapid prototyping of Insurtech solutions using appropriate tools (Excel is still strong in design, but you will use Mural, R, SQL, Draw.io, …). When you are done, IT professionals and Business Analysts understand how to build software
- Be part of agile projects that convert your designs into modern technology. As a result you have active conversations with a variety of business and IT professionals and come together to a joint conclusion on what the software of data analysis should look like
- New technology produces lots of structured and unstructured data! Figure out how to bring it all together and provide new insights into business performance and operations. When you are done, the message that data contains is understood by senior management
- Work quite independently with data scientists, business analysts, IT developers, busines people. They will need your help in understanding how things connect across organization, so that they can make right decisions on their tasks.
- Try, fail, repeat, learn and succeed. (yes, you will fail and you will learn a lot)
Your Skills and ExperienceAs Business Analyst in Insurance, your skills and experience will ideally include:
- Degree: Math, Insurance, …
- Analytical mindset with strong communication skills
- Preferably you have 2-3 years of experience with insurance, business analysis, programming, automation (R, VBA, SQL, Java)
- Be generalist, how knows, that technology changes every few years, but business problems stay similar
- Take advantage of corporate benefits and eliminate start-ups uncertainty, but still work in insurtech projects