Team Name: World of WarcraftSenior Technical Artist - World of WarcraftR008062
Do you love art, and more importantly, do you love working with artists? Do you strive to make the lives of artists better, and their workflows easier by improving their toolchain? If so, the World of Warcraft Technical Art team would love to talk to you.
We're an equal opportunity employer, looking for somebody with experience improving art workflows on one or more successful console and/or PC games. In this role, you'll be working closely with Artists, Engineers, and other Technical Artists to both find day-to-day improvements and achieve long term goals. We're looking for someone with good interpersonal skills, a phenomenal team-player attitude, and willing to dive deep into anything necessary.
Our focus is on assessing and improving art development on World of Warcraft. We work primarily in Python, C++, and support plugins for content creation tools, such as Photoshop, Maya, and 3dsMax. We strive to build tools that exceed the quality expectations of the artists who use them, so they can create the most beautiful art for our game in the most efficient way possible.
DAY TO DAY TASKS:
- Build, implement, and improve art tools
- Collaborate and Communicate across departments
- Evaluate Artists' needs, and identify issues, to understand and support them
- 3+ years of experience in game development crafting art tools for various departments outside of rigging.
- Advanced knowledge of Python is a plus with experience in creating workflows and tools in Qt.
- Intermediate knowledge of C++ is a plus with experience in creating model export plugins for 3dsmax or Maya
- Skillsets including Angular/Django is a plus.
- Knowledge of content creation software, especially 3ds Max, Maya, Houdini, ZBrush, Substance, or Photoshop. An Artist first mindset is a plus.
- Knowledge of how to evaluate performance of a collection of assets in the context of the game is a plus, with the understanding of how to best communicate these issues.
- High skill level of at least one set of Technical Art roles and responsibilities outside of rigging/animation, and understanding of all domains related to Technical Art
- A demo reel/website link
- Cover letter which should include: Why you are interested in working at Blizzard and what games you are currently playing?