AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . Follow @abbvie on , , , and .
Description:AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. Abbvie's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world's most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 47,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
AbbVie Immunology is expanding its early discovery team in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The early discovery team in Cambridge is focused on identifying new targets for the treatment of autoimmune and chronic inflammatory diseases through computational analysis of human disease tissue derived datasets, and through validating targets using in vitro and in vivo experimental approaches. We are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated individual to lead a team that will partner with Functional Genomics and with in vivo pharmacologists to develop novel platforms for target screening and validation. This position requires passion, attention to detail, prior hands-on experience and teamwork.
- Support target biology validation using genetic tools: gene overexpression via ORF; CRISPR-based technologies such as CRISPRx, CRISPRa, CRISPRi; RNAi; mutagenesis
- Develop new immunological functional assays in vitro and in vivo using CRISPR-based platforms and automation
- Implement and establish additional CRISPR tools and platforms as needed
- Contribute to functional genetic screens as needed
- Analyze data and present work in internal meetings
- PhD in Molecular biology or Immunology or other biological sciences with greater than 6 years post-doctoral experience
- Solid understanding and extensive experience working with genetic tools such as CRISPR and RNAi-based technologies
- Skillful in molecular methods such as genomic gDNA isolation and analysis, TIDE validation of genomic edits, nucleofection using Lonza 96 shuttle system, qPCR, lentivirus production, etc.
- Hands-on experience working with cell culture and developing in vitro functional assays; experience with immunoassays including FACS, ELISA, WB preferred.
- Experience with in vivo animal models, especially immunological models is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lead a team and collaborate with peers and their teams
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the team to enable high performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others and nurtures innovation to make possibilities real.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.