Job ID: JR0162994
Job Category: Contract Employee
Primary Location: Phoenix, AZ US
Job Type: Intel Contract Employee
Construction ManagerJob Description
Join our Intel Fab Construction Enterprise FCE who builds the world’s largest semiconductor manufacturing factories across the globe. The future is what we build. Our enterprise manages a portfolio of capital projects onsite ranging from 1B to 5B annual spends with a large contractor workforce that encompasses outsourced general contractors, A/E firms and key trade companies in the Semiconductor Construction Industry.
The scope of our work includes but is not limited to Progressive Build tool install and new factories and site infrastructure. We are looking for world class diverse technical talent to join our team. If you enjoy working with the latest technology in a rewarding fast-paced environment this is the right place for you. Everywhere you go you'll find an opportunity to make a difference In any given workday you will be given the responsibility to innovate and create an impact on our business.
As a key member of the Project Execution Team the Construction Manager in AZ is responsible for leading an organization matrix employees managing capital projects on site in any given year of 1B with a contractor workforce ranging from 500 to 2500 contingent workers encompassing outsourced general contractors, A/E Architecture and Engineering firms and key trade companies in the Semiconductor and Office Building Construction Industry.
The position reports to the Project Management Office PMO and in this role the person will be accountable for all aspects of the leadership and management of the project team which includes supplier management, day to day operations, major project scope, schedule performance, budget monitoring and controls for Intel construction projects without impact to factory operations.
This role is expected to make breakthroughs in our construction capability through sourcing and developing contractor companies and making significant changes in integrated construction solutions and major changes in our cost of construction.
Position is in Phoenix, Arizona and relocation assistance will be provided as applicable.
As a Construction Manager your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Partner successfully with key stakeholders including factory staff, CS Ops management, Fab Construction Enterprise Management, facility owners, global supply management, central design, site construction and suppliers to:
- Manage day to day construction operations to support a safe work environment.
- Manage day to day construction badging to ensure contractor site access is not interrupted.
- Develop world class supplier partnerships with leading sourcing and procurement solutions and deliver continuous improvements in business results quality schedule and cost.
- An owner for Logistics, Labor and coordination amongst the CMs, Multiprime, GCDB and other Suppliers.
- Presenting and defending Trade Labor Forecasts during presentations to Manager of Construction, Trade Leadership and Unions with a high degree of knowledge of the project scope constraints schedules and interproject coordination.
- Owns and drives the Site Dual Gate Process as the Single Point of Contact for Site (where applicable); owns Site-Wide Indirect Planning Tracking and Support for Tool Install Manager, Manager of Construction and Finance; owns trade Headcount onsite by Project; Owns the CM role in the EOC process and response.
- Foster innovation and transform traditional construction practices by driving new methods and engineering solutions by leveraging industry insights into Intel's multidimensional challenges
- Ensure sustainability LEED Certification and other enabling capabilities are adopted to deliver innovative breakthroughs.
- Help transform into an organization that is lean efficient and collaborative.
- Transform the culture and set the pace relative to the best in the world for safety operational excellence innovation partnership customer service and making FCE the best place to work in Intel.
- Manage across diverse groups and stakeholders while optimizing the solution for Intel.
- Manage discussions with executive management drilling down to details and managing an effort hands-on if the need arises.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Leadership and communication skills.
- Drive decision making and change at the cadence Moores law requires.
- Partner and influence in a high matrix environment.
- Proficiency to mentor and influence the behavior of others across projects site and company boundaries.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
Minimum Qualifications:Candidate must have at least one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Construction Management or a closely related field with 2+ years of experience in the semiconductor or high tech industry as a project manager or construction manager or equivalent construction leadership expertise.
- Master’s degree in Architecture or Construction Management or a closely related field with 1+ years of experience in the semiconductor or high tech industry as a project manager or construction manager or equivalent construction leadership expertise.
- Knowledge and expertise in Construction Facilities Fab Technology Quality and Lean.
- Contracts knowledge related to lump sum, guaranteed maximum price, design build and equipment installation contracts.
- Large scale projects and program management.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
USIntel Contract EmployeeJR0162994Phoenix