Who We AreBoston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial – nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Practice Area ProfileBCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group’s existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design. We support our clients’ total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion’s interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
What You'll DoWe are looking for Technology Consulting Architects to further grow BCG’s thought leadership, capabilities and enablement. These are exciting opportunities to apply a strategic problem solving lens to your passion for technology, digital and innovation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work cohesively with hybrid case teams consisting of BCG/DigitalBCG on general IT, digital/technology transformation projects
- Provide technology advisory services to clients across various industry sectors
- Align business and technology strategies to deliver impactful insights and outcomes jointly with client management
- Assess current state technology landscape, define target state and develop transition roadmaps
- Assist, define and drive implementation of technical architectures and proof of concepts
- Design innovative technology solutions across various projects/clients to solve complex business problems
- Analyse complex and high-risk IT solutions, often coupled with optimization of the full software delivery lifecycle
- Facilitate workshops with clients to identify and formulate business and IT requirements for key vendor/system selections or innovation topics
- Drive innovation for our clients by leveraging cross-industry views on technology trends
- Actively network, manage and influence multiple client and stakeholder relationship groups including senior executives.
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- 3-10 years’ experience in a strategy, management or technology consulting firm and/or within a large corporate environment
- Experience working within an Architecture domain (Enterprise, Solutions, Applications or Data)
- Knowledge and exposure to architecting solutions at an enterprise scale
- Understanding of architecture principles and exposure to architecting modern data platforms
- Broad generalist Digital/Technology skills and knowledge
- Good understanding of emerging digital technology trends across industry
- Excellent communication, client facing and consulting skills
- Business acumen coupled with analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate to target audience including storylining
- Strategic mindset, presence and gravitas
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an IT/Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Enterprise architectural frameworks and methods including TOGAF and/or related certifications
- Flexibility to travel interstate or international as required.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. for more information on E-Verify.