Who We AreBoston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
Practice Area ProfileThe Operations Practice (OPS) Area is one of BCG's largest functional practices. We help our clients create competitive advantage by enhancing their performance and building strategic capabilities. BCG’s expertise in Operations covers the following areas - supply chain management, procurement, manufacturing, service operations, cost efficiency, operational transformation, research & product development, program and project management, all with a strong digital and analytics overlay.
What You'll DoAs a Consultant affiliated to Paris’ Operations Practice, you will be a core member of our Operations Center (OPS Center) and will work alongside some of the world’s top minds in the area. You will significantly contribute to the practice’s ambitious growth target.
On significant Operations related projects, you will join BCG teams with members of different backgrounds. You will develop state of the art strategic approaches and innovative solutions based on thorough fact-based analyses. You will work from strategy to execution, on different Operations complex matters, in different industries
- Projects on Agility to reduce development lead-time of luxury manufacturers ;
- Industry 4.0 transformation in a leading food company ;
- Development of a Lean production system for a truck manufacturer ;
- Implementation of data collection and analytics to improve quality at steel manufacturer ;
- Cost reduction program at a mining company ;
- Develop Supply Chain control tower for a pharmaceutical company ;
- Procurement health-check ad roadmap for an oil & gas company ;
- Service level improvement for ground operations for an airline company ;
- Field turn around program for a nuclear site construction ;
- Operations & organization’s Strategy for aeronautics company ;
Working across industries and operations topics, you will widen your scope of expertise and grow significantly through those new challenges both professionally and personally. Along this exciting journey you will be supported by senior mentors, excellent research and knowledge teams and career development experts who will help you to become highly successful in reaching both your personal and professional goals.
Joining BCG’s consulting team within our Paris OPS center you will be at the heart of innovation and changes ongoing today to achieve fundamental impact for our clients.
Depending on the skill set and previous experience of candidates, we are open to consider slightly more junior profiles on Senior Associate level.
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- Outstanding academic track record from a leading university/school
- 3 to 8 years of consulting or industry experience (ideally mix of both) in operations related topics (manufacturing, supply chain, procurement …)
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to work well under pressure in a demanding environment
- Superior business sense and clear potential to work beyond core areas of experience and within project teams
- Analytical and structured with excellent problem solving skills (hypothesis driven approach etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
- Willingness to travel internationally and to work remotely on client sites
- Flexible, curious and creative, open for new things and able to propose innovative ideas
- Self-driven, independent and autonomous judgment
- Collaborative team player with positive attitude, high ethical standards and experienced in international work
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. for more information on E-Verify.