Holidu is one of the fastest-growing travel tech companies worldwide. Our mission is to finally make the search and booking of vacation rentals easy. We are on this journey in an international team of travel and technology enthusiasts, each of us having an impact on millions of travelers and thousands of vacation rental owners. So, pack your bag, hop on board and get ready for takeoff!
Your future crewYou will be part of the search department as part of the search backend development team. As part of the team you will take over technical challenges which you will solve as part of your bachelor thesis. Our experienced developers will be happy to help you further expand your knowledge. Together with your team, you will help shape the feature development and architecture of our search engine and the related microservices.
Our Tech Stack
- We are writing the Search Engine and other applications with a microservice approach, using Java 11, with Spring Boot, running on Kubernetes.
- Data storage with Elasticsearch 7, PostgreSQL, Kafka, MongoDB, Redis.
- Heavy usage of AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Git.
- Web-Application and internal applications written with ReactJS.
- Native iOS and Android Apps written with Swift and Kotlin.
- Monitoring with ELK, Grafana and internally developed technologies.
- Unit tests written in Kotlin.
Your role in this journey
- You will be part of the team which is fully responsible for our search engine and all related technologies.
- You will work on your bachelor thesis and as part of this resolve technical challenges. Together, we will define the topic you will work on.
- You will have a lot of freedom to implement your own ideas on how to improve and develop our products further.
- You will build, with your team, highly scalable applications with state of the art technologies.
- You will work in a squad based organization alongside other Backend Developers, Frontend Developers, Designers and Product Managers. Together you are responsible for delivering the greatest possible product that offers the best possible experience to our customers.
Your backpack is filled with
- Studies in Computer Science, or a related field.
- First experiences in Java development.
- Strong motivation to work with AWS, Elasticsearch, microservices, Kubernetes, and the rest of our tech stack, first experiences are a plus.
- A passion for coding and building world class products! We do and we hope you share our ambition!
Our adventure includes
- Have an impact on the millions of people using our product every month.
- Grow with responsibility from day 1 and develop yourself through regular feedback.
- Connect and have fun with diverse yet like-minded people at work, regular events and weekly office days with your team.
- Get to know the world with our flexible home office policy and the opportunity to work from other local offices.
- Learn languages with meetings in English and subsidized German classes.
- Get in shape with a premium gym membership for a discounted rate.
- Go travelling for 28 vacation days + 13 public holidays in Bavaria.
- Get a sneak peek at the adventure that awaits you on Instagram @lifeatholidu.
Want to travel with us?Apply online on our career page! Your first travel contact will be Clara from HR.
We champion diversity in every aspect of life. We encourage applications from all genders, corners of the world and individual backgrounds. Please feel welcome to submit your application without a photo and details on your gender, date of birth, marital status and nationality. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.