About DuPont Electronics & ImagingWe’re pursuing new technologies to make electronics smarter, enhance connectivity, and bring more color to the world
DuPont is a technology leader, serving the semiconductor, circuit board, industrial, display, and digital and flexographic printing industries. Every day, we’re solving our customers’ challenges, around connectivity, more brilliant electronic displays, and printing for packaging and textiles, among other complex challenges.
Learn more about our Featured solutions here:https://www.dupont.com/about/our-businesses.html
Description:The Slurry Run Plant Engineer will primarily be responsible for supporting Slurry batch chemical production. The Run Plant Engineer reports to the Slurry Area Manager.
- Understands all applicable process technology, equipment and control technology. Works with Technical Advising, Quality Coordination Engineer and plant personnel to optimize operations, meet Business and plant goals. (Production, cost, quality).
- Responsible for the application of Process Safety Management for the Slurry process.
- Participates in advanced trouble shooting and coaches others to learn these skills.
- Implements best practices in operations in order to optimize operations. Ensure Standard Operating Procedures and specific Operating Discipline requirements are in place
- Performs appropriate Manage Production roles as determined by Plant / Business. Example: Operate Plant, Operating Discipline, Produce to Plan / Record Production, etc.
- Understands and applies skills and knowledge in Statistical Process Control (SPC) technology, to maximize plant asset utilization and produce low cost, quality products.
- Review Charts on daily basis
- Accountable for Process Control Systems on their process
- Respond to and document Out Of Control data points
- Draft Corrective Action Plans for repeat situations
- Initiates changes to Plant Operating procedures to ensure they are valid and up to date. Works with Technical Advisor in this respect.
- Networks with other engineers on site and within the global business to leverage knowledge on plant operations Example: Production, Improvement, etc.
- As required communicate technical information and issues to plant personnel, Technology or Expertise centers.
- As required participates on and leads teams in his/her area of accountability
- Owns, monitors, and tracks KPIs as required
- Implement process improvements in support of reduction of variation, capacity and yield improvement
- Monitor and improve raw material variability
- Works with Quality Coordinator, TA and others as required to disposition non-conforming product
- Work with LVM and R&D as needed for new product development and scale up.
- Conduct and participates in RCA, FMEA, etc. as required
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or related field is required.
- 2+ years of production engineering experience is preferred.
- Previous experience with statistical process control (SPC) and analysis strongly preferred. Basic understanding of statistics required.
- Experience with interpreting and dispositioning based on analytical results is a plus.
- Previous experience with Lean Six Sigma or a certification is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assigned work independently and within teams.
- Previous knowledge of chemical safety protocols and PPE required.
- Ability to work with people at all levels.
- Excellent communication, analysis, troubleshooting and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail to prevent and minimize errors.
- Requires the ability to work in seated or standing positions for prolonged periods of time
- Wear personal protective equipment as required.
- QC Laboratory
- General Office
- Manufacturing plant
- Computer Work, especially Microsoft Office products
For additional information on our unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people's lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Please access the following link to better understand & appreciate DuPont's Journey. Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits... Together, we're turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.