- 1 day agoPost Date
- SKA000C8VRequisition #
Apply for job Share this job
Intern positions include: Engineering, Field Engineering (mechanical or civil), Cost Engineering, Safety Engineering, Estimating, Finance/Accounting, and Equipment/Maintenance.
What You'll Do:
- Coordinates project activities with direct supervision from Project and/or Operations Manager;
- Performs accounting activities with assistance;
- Performs estimating functions as requested with assistance;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We're Looking For:
- Knowledge of basic phases of construction projects;
- Knowledge of mathematics functions (geometry, basic algebra);
- Computer skills (MS Office, HCSS, CGC, etc);
- Ability to perform all work in a timely, professional and efficient manner while effectively communicating and interacting with customers, clients, subcontractors and other third parties;
- Ability to develop and maintain project schedules and project budgets and to identify changes and discrepancies;
- Ability to present information in a clear and understandable manner in both written and verbal form;
- Ability to work with others in a team environment, exercising effective interpersonal skills’
- Ability to comply with all company policies, practices and standards of performance;
- Working towards bachelors in Construction Management, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field or equivalent through experience.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Skanska will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Skanska’s legal duty to furnish information. (41 C.F.R. 60-1.35(c))
Skanska is one of the world’s leading construction and development companies. In the U.S., Skanska’s core operations include building construction, civil infrastructure and developing self-financed commercial properties, which together generated $8 billion in revenue in 2018. As a developer in the U.S., Skanska has invested a total of $2.3 billion in commercial and multi-family projects. With U.S. headquarters in New York City, Skanska has offices in 28 metro areas with 9,000 employees nationwide. Skanska is an industry-leading innovator in both safety and project execution, and offers competitive solutions for both traditional and complex assignments to help build a more sustainable future for our customers and communities. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled approximately $20 billion in 2018.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2019 by Forbes.
Search Firm and Employment Agency DisclaimerSkanska USA Human Resources (“Skanska HR”) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively “Skanska USA”). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (“Vendor”). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.
- Location: San Francisco, California, United States
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Temporary