Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 20,000 employees, 450 offices worldwide and $3.1 billion revenue in 2019, Tetra Tech strives to improve the quality of life through innovative, sustainable solutions that help our clients reach their goals for water, environment, energy, infrastructure, and resource management projects. Our commitment to safety is ingrained in our culture and at the forefront of every project. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery.
As part of the Tetra Tech family of companies, we are home to some of the best minds in the country, including nationally renowned subject matter experts. Whether we are contemplating the restoration of our environment or helping to revitalize our urban centers, we are thinking of clear sustainable solutions to resource management and infrastructure challenges. In fact, it’s much more than what can be done today; it’s what we’ll be able to do tomorrow. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our team. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently searching for a Human Health and Accident Analysis Consultant to join our growing Arlington, Virginia team. This individual will support our ongoing federal programs in National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance around the United States. The successful candidate will be a trusted advisor to our clients and will have a responsible position in leading teams and building our federal program operations.
Your essential duties and responsibilities will be:
- Prepare human health analyses for DOE NEPA documents for nuclear-related projects.
- Prepare accident analyses for DOE NEPA documents for nuclear-related projects.
- Interface with Client Project Managers, government regulators, other contractors and community representatives.
- Work within Tetra Tech business operations to identify and develop new clientele and new lines of business.
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate detailed phases of technical work in a part of a major project or in a total project of complex scope.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, Health Physics, or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 5 year(s) of experience managing/performing human health and accident analyses for nuclear-related NEPA projects.
- Experience and expertise using the MELCOR Accident Consequence Code System (MACCS).
- Experience performing human health impact analysis using the Gen II radiation protection environmental software system a plus.
- Experience performing chemical impact analysis with the ALOHA atmospheric dispersion model a plus.
Other Skills and Requirements:
Occasional trips to project site locations may require that the employee walk over uneven surfaces and potentially up/down steps or hills.
- Employee should be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position will primarily be office based; however, the successful candidate will be required to travel within the United States to support or attend meetings, on request.
- Candidate must have the ability to work well in a professional and team-oriented environment, as well as independently.
- Candidate should possess strong organizational skills, excellent leadership skills, and be client focused.
- Must possess basic computer skills; the computer skills must include proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 450 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting .
For more information on our company, please visit our website at . To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at .
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 178 TTS