Do you enjoy solving technical problems and explaining them to customers? Are you a self-starter who enjoys the independence of working autonomously in a variety of workplaces? We have the right job for you! You will spend most of your time responding to scheduled and emergency field repair of tooling or production issues.
As a Tightening Services Field Engineer, you will be the customer’s first point of contact with Atlas Copco and an ambassador for our brand. Excellent communication skills, responsiveness to customer demands, computer literacy and accurate service record keeping are important attributes for this position.
Your main responsibility will be to perform joint analysis, fastening specification development and fastening process optimization with our customer’s Atlas Copco equipment.
The role will involve travel to customer sites within your region (40%) and travel outside your region (60%) as well. The successful candidate will be located in the Auburn Hills, Michigan area.
What we expect of you?
- Ability to work independently
- Goal oriented problem solving and troubleshooting skills with excellent communication/customer service skills
- You’re a self-starter who will take ownership of meeting the customer’s needs
- Experience in joint analysis and assembly tooling
- Familiarity with manufacturing/production or assembly plant working conditions is desirable
- Experience with torque theory and fastening knowledge are strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working on DC power tooling in a production environment or equivalent experience preffered but not required
- Develop or apply mathematical or statistical theory and methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize numerical data to provide usable information.
- Sales and product promotion/demonstration experience
- Flexible responsiveness to customers’ production demands which involves working outside normal working hours
- Microsoft Office suite competence
- Ability to handle noisy environments
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Valid driver‘s license
What can you expect from us?
- An inviting, family-like atmosphere
- Ample opportunities for professional development
- New challenges and opportunities to learn every day
- Outstanding company benefits
- Comprehensive onboarding and training program
- A rewarding, forward-thinking company culture with excellent company benefits –
Start a journey of endless opportunities
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology and great ideas enable us to innovate for the future.
We believe that passionate people make it happen. You are a brand ambassador and our face towards our customers. With us you drive your own professional journey and you are empowered to act.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.