Technical AdvisorBangalore, Karnataka, India
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Save save Technical Advisor to job cart
- Job number 837280
- Date posted Jun 3, 2020
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Services
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Do you want to join an elite and distinguished team? Do you like complex challenges? Are you passionate about working directly with Microsoft customers and partners to help them accelerate their transformation towards a digital transformation organization?
If so, the Technical Advisor position in the Microsoft Customer Service and Support Organization is a unique career opportunity for you!
We are a diverse team who is proud to shape future technologies and deliver industry-leading services across the globe. As a member of that team, you will aspire to be our customers’ and partners’ trusted advisors to fuel some of the largest and most complex IT solutions in the world. You will constantly be exposed to cutting-edge software, services and devices.
Technical Advisor (TA) specialize in product configuration. As an TA, you will investigate and solve critical, complex, technical issues and employ problem isolation techniques and product knowledge to solve problems. You will use sophisticated tools and analysis requiring the highest skill level of conflict resolution and collaboration. You will be responsible for building robust relationships across the business engaging with high profile individuals in order to deliver a quality support experience enabling overall customer success. We are also passionate about knowledge sharing and prioritize continuous learning and feedback sessions to provide ongoing mentoring within the technical support community.
We seek out people who: ·
Have a passion for technology and continuous learning ·
Thrive in dynamic, high-stress environments ·
Are eager to collaborate and build strong relationships ·
Are able to see a problem from many angles ·
Embrace multicultural environments
ResponsibilitiesEstablishing and maintaining a strong technical relationship with the Supplier and internal frontline and escalations teams.
- Work directly with TLs and SEs at the Supplier/CSS to foster collaboration, open communication channels and identify technical needs. •Actively collaborate with Suppliers/CSS teams to provide product feedback to Product Group.
- Review cases regularly providing guidance to expedite resolution and increase Customer Partner Experience.
- Work with Supplier Support Engineering teams to monitor case wellness and provide feedback to management regarding technical ability, competency and process adherence.
- Ensure recovery and follow up with Customers and Partners in appropriate situations.
- Initiate escalation to internal channels based on customer need, case progress/wellness, or technical resource requirements.
- Manage the transfer of sensitive cases from Supplier sites to internal resources when needed; monitor Microsoft aliases for response to customer and Partner queries and for appropriate use of the aliases by Supplier personnel.
- Have regular technical teleconference and/or case reviews with Suppliers in order to drive continued technical growth.
- Travel for periodic Supplier visits; when on-site, training and mentoring will be required for the Supplier Support Engineering teams.
QualificationsRequired (Mandatory) Skills:
- SIP & SFB roles
- Understanding of VOIP . Dial-in conferencing
- Excellent understanding of voice work in hybrid scenario & voice gateways/PBX (Understanding of voice codecs eg G.711, G.729)
- Migration from on-prem to SFB Online or to Teams
- Direct Routing – CCE
- Normalization and EWS works
- Voicemail – Auto-Attendant - Call Queue – Conferencing
- Tools - Fiddler / Netmon or Wireshark, Solid understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technologies fundamentals
- Exchange / SPO Integration with Teams
Desired (Good to have) to have Skills:
- Guest Access and AAD sync from AD perspective
- Teams Room System - IP phone devices
- O365 Security & Compliances
- Good with SIP, RTP, HTTP protocols.
- Fair understanding of Lync/Skype for business server roles (Front end, Director, Mediation, Reverse Proxy..)
- Understanding and troubleshooting knowledge on TCP/TLS protocols
- Proven knowledge and experience with the deployment of supporting technologies Exchange, Active Directory, SQL
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Save save Technical Advisor to job cart