Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we manage distributed energy generation and develop green power solutions for renewable energy producers, energy market players and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
Statkraft’s Market Access business in Europe and in France
Electricity from renewable energy sources in Europe is increasingly sold on the wholesale market through power purchase agreements (PPAs). We are market-leader in this business in Europe, with ca. 15 000 MW generation capacity from third parties under management. In France, our main product is market access for new renewable power plants under the “complément de rémunération” support scheme (“agrégation") and for older plants exiting the Feed-In Tariff. Our current customers are companies developing, financing, owning and/or operating on- and offshore wind, PV, biomass as well as hydroelectric power plants. We take responsibility for forecasting, trading, balancing, remote control and billing for these installations. We are also developing new products and services for the French power market. We are a member of French renewable industry associations FEE, SER and OFATE and contribute actively to the French energy transition.
- Close profitable power-purchase agreements (PPAs) with renewable plant operators in France
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with customers to make Statkraft their preferred supplier
- Take ownership of the full sales process, negotiating contractual terms, securing operational feasibility and internal approvals, and overseeing deal implementation
- Perform quantitative analysis of current and expected portfolio performance, balancing costs and market value deviations
- Build market expertise further, assess regulatory developments, new commercial and technical concepts with respect to their strategic fit and profitability.
- Identify and develop business cases for new product ideas and drive their implementation
- Represent Statkraft and engage with stakeholders at industry meetings, fairs and conferences
- At least three years of sales and/or business development experience
- Relevant work experience in the energy business and/or possess the networks in the French renewable energy sector
- Good understanding of the design and economics of power markets
- Excellent relationship management skills and able to deeply listen to customers and their needs
- Proactivity, resilience and strong negotiation skills, focus on achieving sales targets
- Strong analytical skills, ability to combine a structured approach with commercial flexibility
- Reliable and constructive team player willing to contribute to a high-performance team
- Business fluent (native) French and good English communication skills
- University degree or equivalent qualification in business, engineering, economics or similar
- Willingness to travel (customer visits, industry meetings, Statkraft European offices…)
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company experiencing strong growth
- A positive working environment characterized by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note that Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.
Statkraft - why join us? from Statkraft on Vimeo.