Job Summary:Marketing Analytics and Optimization Intern Fall 2020 – Glendale, CA
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Global Marketing & Sales organization within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts (WDPR). CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights.
As a member of the Advanced Analytics and Optimization team you will play an important role in developing innovative analytics solutions to deliver systematic evaluation of marketing program performance across all media channels. You will use data to help answer “what” and “why” performance questions and consult across the Parks and Resorts organization to help drive decision-making to improve our marketing communications with our guests.
Responsibilities:Within Advanced Analytics & Optimization, this role will support cast members who analyze digital marketing performance based on advanced methods for reporting across marketing channels. You will assist this team with finding innovative solutions to business questions by analyzing marketing performance across traditionally disparate platforms and areas, providing insights about our guests and target audiences, and translating advanced analytical findings into tangible recommendations for media teams.
Basic Qualifications:What You Bring to the Role:
- Experience with marketing key performance indicators and performance reporting
- The ability to translate and story-tell with data
- Experience with digital marketing channels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to interface with both technical and non-technical audience effectively
- Demonstrated experience with developing and interpreting analytics program results
- Ability to quickly adapt to new software applications and platforms
- Knowledge of relational database concepts
- Experience with a digital marketing analytics platform like Google Analytics, and/or with an analytics software package such as SAS, SPSS, and/or programming languages such as SQL, R, or Python
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, as well as continuous improvement process skills
- Experience with Data Visualization tools (Tableau preferred)
- Experience serving media through digital marketing channels
- Experience with travel industry, marketing audience analytics, and/or consumer data
- Demonstrated data quality validation skills
- Understanding of marketing attribution methods
- Understanding of relational database structure and concepts
- Demonstrated knowledge of Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines and Disneyland products and services
- Earning or have recently earned a bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, Economics, Marketing or other related quantitative field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2020 through January 2021. Must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.