Graduate Engineer Chassis Design (Motion Control)
- Job ID
- Business Area
- Brussel (Zaventem)
Company InformationTOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
For TME Graduate positions we are targeting recent University Graduates (less than 18 months of experience excluding internships)
We offer :
- Permanent contract
- Daily position (as described down below) + 18-months training program (on top of the daily job)
- On the job training
- Classroom training (Toyota Way, Toyota Production System…)
- Experiential training (5-6 weeks Line training at an European Manufacturing Company…)
- Evolution towards the “Specialist” grade after graduation
- A dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits / flexible working hours).
Your Profile1. Education Level required:
Master Degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
2. Technical Skills/Expertise/Knowledge:
- Project management skills
- Advanced programming in Python, Matlab & Simulink
- Familiar with development of AD/ADAS motion control systems
- Experienced in development of vehicle dynamics control systems (Steering, brake, powertrain)
- At ease with virtual validation tools (SILs, MILs)
- Familiar with MBSE
- Familiar with software development process
- Familiar with calibration of systems to achieve target performance
- Familiar with functional safety processes (ISO26262)
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics
3. Behavioural Skills / Key Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Team player
- Pro-active and persistent
- Self confident
- Proceed job with own initiative
- Analytical approach and Problem-solving
- Motivated to learn Toyota Production System and the Toyota Way
- At ease with Japanese culture and respectful of cultural differences
4. Other Skills (Languages,…):
- Fluent in English (Japanese is an asset)
5. Practical information:
- Willing to travel up to 15% of time
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- Wish to develop and persevere in order to reach challenging targets
- Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
- Have strong planning and organization skills
- Enjoy working in a team, respecting others
- Have a creative mind and passion for cars
- Have excellent communication skills
Your team and your responsibilities Team/division description:
The work tasks will be develed under the collaborative frame on 2 R&D Divisions: Chassis Engineering and Vehicle Performance Evaluation Division.
Chassis Engineering Division’s responsibility is :
1) Development of Chassis parts (Brake, Steering, Suspension, Tyre, Shift, Pedals, …) to achieve the highest driving performance and quality at the competitive price.
2) Local development of Chassis parts for vehicles built in Toyota’s European assembly plants.
This activity is done in close cooperation with local suppliers and Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan.
3) Investigation of new European technologies
We are inspired by the Toyota Way precepts and we challenge to provide final customers with best quality products with the continuous improvement mindset.
The expectation for an engineer in this area is to work on Chassis Control systems (e.g. brake, steering) to fulfil the basic performance of chassis and to enable advanced driving assist systems for current mass production vehicles. The main activity will be to lead development projects with our systems suppliers and, in addition, monitor and research the market trends for motion control systems and architectures that will enable higher levels of motion control autonomy (Autonomous Drive).
In the context of this project the successful candidate will perform the following activities:
- Support project development of conventional chassis control commodities (e.g. ESC) with system supplier in line with Toyota project milestones and processes
- Summarize the evaluation reports and document the processes
- Prepare functional safety status overview for quality and ISO audits
- Support field investigations, trouble diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Support the validation process internally by implementing MILs, SILs, HILs of Chassis Control functions
- Propose countermeasure (functionality improvement) for each level-up performance
- Coordinate development activities with evaluation team
- Research and monitor technology trends for motion control and path planning of AD systems
OptionsApply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.