Payroll Specialist - 6 month FTCManchester
Reference No: 16353
What's the role?We're looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to assist with the Northern Europe Shared Service Centre Payroll processing, with a specific focus on our UK payroll of around 1000 employees.
Who is Hilti?Unless you work in construction, you probably haven't heard of us. We're a hidden gem.
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the professional construction sector. Our customers are loyal and enthusiastic about us. So are our people.
We regularly win Great Place to Work awards globally and have been on the Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list in the UK for the past 13 years – we are proud to have been voted #35 in 2019.
Hilti offers the best of both worlds – friendly teams locally and roles across the UK combined with the opportunities only a company of 30,000 people spread across 120 countries can bring.
What does the role involve?In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and developing the relationships & co-operation between HR, Finance and our outsourced payroll provider.
You will be involved with supporting our Finance Hub work-streams, assisting with continuous improvement to the processes and procedures for increased quality and efficiency.
You will also providing specialist pay and benefits advice to Business partners and senior managers, working directly with the Finance team to ensure accurate recording of all payroll transactions including ensure integration of accurate control processes and full integration of ICS controls.
The role involves working in close partnership with all Stakeholders to deliver a best in class payroll process
You will also support and assist on daily payroll related enquiries from employees and the business, as well as liaising with the local government agencies and ensuring compliance of tax recording in relation to pay.
93% of our people say they’re proud to work for Hilti, thanks to the quality of our products and the way we look after our people.
What do we offer?We really value our people and we've worked hard to develop a competitive reward package that reflects this. Some of the benefits we offer include:
- Genuine career advancement (more than 80% of all leadership roles are filled internally)
- 6% employer pension contributions
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays) plus the ability to purchase 5 days more annually
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Hilti Benefits Box, a reward platform offering a cycle to work scheme and shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Subsidised on-site canteen and free fruit and salad
- Free parking and excellent public transport links
Why should you apply?Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background. Go the extra mile and we'll reward you with unrivaled training, development and opportunities as soon as you're ready for the next challenge.
What you need is:
- Sold background on GB Payroll processing
- Outsourced payroll provider experience ideally with ADP
- Proficient analytical skills including advance excel
- Consistent track record of embedding change and continuous improvement
- Enthusiastic, can do and self-reliant person with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
Click apply to register an application, or if you need any additional information, please contact
Flexible working is one of many ways that Hilti seeks to ensure that it offers a work-life balance that works for employees and works for the business. We offer flexible working options to suit different stages in your life and aim to support you to find the right balance between work and home life.
Flexible working can take many forms, including but not limited to: job sharing, part-time working, annualised hours, compressed hours, flexi-time, term-time working, working from home, staggered hours, career breaks, time off in lieu, and flexible shift-working*. We also offer employees the option to buy up to five extra days' annual leave each year.
- Please note that not all options are available for every role and you must complete six months' service before you are eligible for any change in your working pattern.
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”
- Amer, Key Projects Manager