Material Handler Intern
Date: Nov 1, 2019
Location:Teterboro, NJ, US
Material Handler Intern-TET00129
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
The Material Handler Intern will be responsible for receiving and inspecting incoming and outgoing materials; order and distribute materials. Maintain inventory of purchased and manufactured parts, materials, tools and ground support equipment.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hanger positions)
- Comply with environmental health / safety policies / procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform all work in a safe and timely manner
- Receive / visually inspect all incoming and outgoing materials for physical damage
- Order and distribute parts, materials, tools and ground support equipment with regard to aircraft delivery schedules
- Verify and reconcile appropriate documentation on incoming and outgoing parts and materials
- Maintain accurate inventory (via cycle counts, perpetual, work-in-progress) using computerized / manual systems to include purchased parts, manufactured parts, materials, tools, etc.
- Track materials, tools and ground support equipment for the purpose of recertification and maintenance schedules
- Assist in loading / unloading shipments
- Transport and stock materials from one location to another as required throughout the facility
- Issue hand tools, machine tools, dies and / or rental equipment to aircraft operators and authorized personnel
QualificationsAs our ideal candidate,
- You would currently be enrolled in an Airframe and Powerplant school
- You can work nights and weekends
- You have a valid driver’s license
- You have customer service experience
- You have the ability to multi-task
- You have the ability to work under pressure
- You have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- You have basic proficiency with MS Excel, Outlook, Word & PowerPoint
- You have basic knowledge of purchasing, service orders/ methods
- You have basic knowledge of AOG procedures
- You have basic knowledge about shipping of dangerous goods
- You have 3 years of experience in one of the following areas: warehouse, shipping/receiving, tool crib - preferred
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job: Material and Stock Control
Primary Location: US-NJ-Teterboro
Zip Code US 67209
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Posting: 01.11.2019, 1:08:31 PM
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Job Segment: Intern, Genetics, Temporary, Warehouse, Entry Level, Science, Contract, Manufacturing, Part Time