Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Application Security ArchitectCome join Under Armour and create software to power the future of connected fitness. We’re serious about individual growth and athlete achievement, and we’d like you to join us to build real products that will help millions of people improve their lives through better health & fitness. You will learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by one of the strongest consumer brands in history.
We're looking to add an application security architect to our Digital Product Security team, which protects an ecosystem of over 200M athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and people pursuing a healthy lifestyle. In this role, you will build capabilities, automation, tools, and architectures that secure our suite of applications & APIs that span web, wearable devices, and mobile including MyFitnessPal, MapMyFitness, and eCommerce.
You should apply for this role if you
- Want to make a real-world impact
- Are interested in growing as an engineer, as a security leader, and as a teammate
- Are ready to take ownership and responsibility for your work
- Are passionate about supporting athletes through health & fitness technologies
- Have a solid understanding of both software security fundamentals and what it takes to build internet-scale applications.
- Have found & helped fix security defects in someone else’s code, yet you remain friends
- Are capable of evaluating & improving security posture throughout the SDLC
- Enjoy teaching others about application security, secure coding, and privacy
- Are educated in computer science/engineering degree, or have gained equivalent knowledge through work experience & self study
- Have a background in software development or information security, including real-world experience with:
- Web, mobile, API, amd microservices design patterns and architectures
- Attack & defensive patterns within those design patterns and architectures
- OWASP Top Ten, CWE, OpenSAMM, BSIMM, etc
- Application penetration testing and static code analysis tools
- Multiple programming languages and the ability to learn new ones
- AWS including IAM, GuardDuty, Macie, S3, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, and more
- Securing container-centric deployments using Docker & Kubernetes
- Regulatory regimes like PCI, GDPR, HIPAA, etc.
Location:This position is based out of Austin, TX or Baltimore, MD
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.