Req ID 88680
- Country (1) - Location / Office (1) -
Research and Development
If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
1. Position Summary
The main responsibility of a Service Reliability engineer is to participate in the successful delivery of the end to end services with agreed SLAs to our customers by leveraging, improving, designing and implementing services that automate application provisioning and manage the underlying infrastructure as a service (all layers, from compute to storage, including network).
The goal of a Service Reliability engineer will be to accelerate Application teams’ ability to reliably and consistently deliver applications by developing standardized automation to control, build, artifact and deploy managed services, integrated into loosely coupled toolchains, to form a common continuous deployment pipeline for application development teams as a whole.
Other responsibilities include ongoing issues such as capacity planning, change management, problem management, incident management, release management, performance improvement, and automation/tool development.
The Service Reliability engineer is expected to excel under pressure, work well with others, be self-motivated, and be able to manage short and long term projects. Implementing automation for kickstarting, monitoring, management, and support will be a key component of the position.
The Service Reliability engineer will actively interface with software developers, network engineers, systems, storage, project management and database administrators on projects and providing second tier on call support will be required. You will be able to identify root cause, troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and effectively, sometimes under pressure.
Good communication and teamwork is extremely important.
The role also involves participating in the 24x7 pager rotation of the team.
2. Job Duties
- Support the foundation solutions for all CI/CD components, including Bitbucket Server, Jenkins Pipeline, and JFrog Artifactory.
- Ensure the 2nd and 3rd level support of foundation modules, applying incident and problem management principles, including communication and follow-up to customers.
- Operate the platform within our security and privacy guidelines.
- Develop and use monitoring tools to find problems, resolve and/or escalate to development and ensure that we exceed our SLAs.
- Build and manage development and testing environments, assisting developers in debugging application issues using tools.
- Develop Ansibleautomation to manage the CI/CD foundation solutions.
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack - hardware, software, application, and network.
- Process reengineering and optimization
- Drive the enforcement and definition of operational requirements / non-functional requirements in collaboration with application owners and middleware organizations.
- Drive continuous improvement to the service delivered to customer (agility, stability ...)
4 year University degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Relevant work experience
Minimum 3-5 years in systems administration/Software Engineering/DevOps, networking in a large environment.
Minimum 3 years experience of application build and release engineering in SOA architectures.
Computing C, C++, Java, Shell, Perl, GO, Python
Software Engineering (GIT, Jenkins), Service Oriented Architecture, Networking (Protocols,Load balancing,troubleshooting), Deployment & Configuration Management (Ansible,AWX,Maven,Capistrano,Puppet,NPM), Linux (RHEL,SLES), Containers (Docker,LXC), Monitoring (Prometheus,Kibana,ElasticSearch), Cloud systems and Virtualization (CloudStack,OpenStack,AWS,EC2,Xen,KVM,OpenStack),Database (Oracle,MySQl,MariaDB,Cassandra,S3,HBase,Hadoop,MongoDB,CouchBase), Security
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.