Req ID 89741
- Country (1) - Location / Office (1) -
If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
1. Position Summary
Support and ensure high system availability for the server complexes, components, and services under the responsibility of Amadeus Data Processing (ADP), ensuring compliance with pertinent Service Level Agreements. Take ownership of and resolve incidents and problems encountered in a timely and efficient manner. Perform seamless change management with all necessary due diligence.
2. Job Duties
- Incident Management
- Identification of Incidents
- Restore service or component
- Management escalation
- Incident coordination
- Recommendations for automation improvements
Identify and flag missing pre-requisites for such changes, following up with the Change Builders & Operations teams.
- Change and release management
- Coordinate and ensure production changes are applied successfully and performed during agreed upon window
- Ensure information required for change and implementation management is accurate and distributed to those tasked with the execution.
Liaise with appropriate teams to ensure the smooth and efficient handling of changes.
- Other duties as assigned
Problem Management tasks
University degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related technical field.
Relevant work experience
Minimum 1 year experience with at least two of the following
- Excellent analytical ability, strong troubleshooting skills, understanding of how to isolate and diagnose application or system problems
- Experience in running, supporting and managing high availability infrastructures (24/7/365 >99.999% up-time requirements)
- Demonstrate self-initiative and self-motivation
- Intermediate Linux command line skills
- Beginning to intermediate programming / scripting skills
- Intermediate understanding of network concepts
- System and application performance analysis
- Cluster management
- Basic understanding of SQL statements
- Basic understanding of Virtualization concepts
- Basic understanding of Operational Support of Cloud based services (i.e. IaaS, Paas)
- Exposure to project work / project management a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Above average performance in present or previous position for not less than 1 year
UNIX / Linux Based Systems Support/MS Windows 2003 Server or higher
Operational support of virtual systems (i.e. VMWare), IaaS or PaaS
Work with web based systems (i.e. IIS, Apache, WebLogic)
Scripting programming skills desirable
Considered a plus: ITIL training, Familiarity with the workings / purpose of Global Distribution Systems
Computing Very good general IT knowledge
Languages Excellent spoken / written English skills
Specific knowledge One or more years of Incident Handling in a Network Operations Center or like environment.
Other Team work, self-initiative and collaborative troubleshooting skills
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.