At Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited, we are for the players. Since 1995, we have brought unbelievable experiences, incredible adventures and a cast of thousands into the homes of gamers worldwide – and sent players out into the world with whole universes in their hands.
Today we’re blazing a trail into the future of entertainment systems, games and apps, connecting players to us and each other with PlayStation products, platforms and services.
As a Localisation Tester, you will be making sure the audio and text in a video game are correct. You will need to have native level knowledge for the required language (grammar, spelling, and punctuation) and good attention to detail to find and provide corrections for errors. Occasionally, you will translate text for a video game or marketing.
Do you have a passion for languages and games? Do you enjoy finding linguistic mistakes in video games? Would you like to be part of an international team whose work has impact on players around the world? Then we would love to hear from you!
You must be eligible to work in the UK for the duration of the contract.
If successful, you will be invited to complete a mandatory translation test which will be sent via e-mail and must be completed within 1 hour of receiving it.
The hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, working 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. The position is based in Liverpool.
SIEE partners with Yoh Solutions, who are a global staffing provider. If your application is successful, you will be employed by Yoh Solutions who will be your point of contact for any paperwork and payroll matters.
Interested? If you think you’re up to the challenge, we want to hear from you! Apply now and be sure to submit both a CV and Cover Letter telling us why you're perfect for this opportunity, be creative! Greatness Awaits!
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Test software to ensure all localised assets are correct from linguistic, consistency and display points of view.
Localised assets review:
- Proof-read and correct translations before they are implemented into the games, ensuring that quality, accuracy and consistency is maintained.
- Occasionally provide translations for games, the packaging text for console and peripherals.
- Assist other teams with general testing duties when required
- Assist with project and process related tasks
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Fluency in English and one or more languages
- Passionate games player
- Good knowledge of computer games across multiple platforms
- Working knowledge of MS Office package
- Basic understanding of the development cycle and constraints
Add to Basket & Apply for Brazilian - Localisation Tester
Add Brazilian - Localisation Tester to Basket >