Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world’s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with more than 90 offices in 50 countries.
Practice Area Profile
BCG GAMMA combines innovative skills in computer science, artificial intelligence, statistics, and machine learning with deep industry expertise. The BCG GAMMA team is comprised of world-class data scientists and business consultants who specialize in the use of advanced analytics to get breakthrough business results. Our teams own the full analytics value-chain end to end: framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative algorithms, creating scale through designing tools and apps, and training colleagues and clients in new solutions. Here at BCG GAMMA, you’ll have the chance to work with clients in every BCG region and every industry area. We are also a core member of a rapidly growing analytics enterprise at BCG - a constellation of teams focused on driving practical results for BCG clients by applying leading edge analytics approaches, data, and technology.
We’re looking for a passionate and talented Principal Data Scientist to join our rapidly growing team. In this role, you’ll have the chance to roll up your sleeves and apply data science methods and analytics to real-world business situations across a variety of industries. Successful candidates are intellectually curious builders who are biased toward action, scrappy, and communicative.
WHO YOU ARE YOU
- Are comfortable in a client-facing role with the ambition to lead teams.
- Can distill complex results or processes into simple, clear visualizations
- Are able to explain sophisticated data science concepts in an understandable manner
- Love building things and are comfortable working with modern development tools and writing code collaboratively (bonus points if you have a software development or DevOps experience)
- Have significant experience applying advanced analytics to a variety of business situations and a proven ability to synthesize complex data; as well as a deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings, and are able to translate this into business implications for our clients
- Have strong project management skills
- Recent PhD or Master’s Degree in computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, machine learning, or other data centric disciplines with 12+ years of relevant industry work experience providing advanced analytics solutions strongly preferred.
- Strong record of extracurricular activity, professional accomplishment, and leadership
- Additional experience in core analytic methods such as predictive modeling, customer segmentation/clustering, network analysis, supply chain optimization, etc.
- Fluency in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, R, SAAS , STATA)