Regional Compliance Officer
Date: Nov 13, 2019
Location:Montreal Downtown, QC, CA
Regional Compliance Officer-S-CAN-16621
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role as Regional Compliance Officer you serve as the main Compliance contact and advisor and coordinate and steer all Compliance activities in your region. You are accountable for the implementation of the global Compliance minimum standards, principles and measures defined by the Ethics & Compliance Office (ECO). You undertake all activities ensuring a proper implementation of Bombardiers Ethics & Compliance program including a respective monitoring in the region as well as reporting towards General the Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer (CECO).
Representing the 2nd line of defense for the region the activities include and are not limited to the following:
- Functionally responsible for the Compliance Ambassadors in the region.
- Appointment, onboarding and dismissal of Compliance Ambassadors in cooperation with the CECO and local management and
- Provide functional guidance and support to Compliance Ambassadors and facilitate networking and regular information exchange between Compliance Ambassadors in region.
- Develop Compliance Ambassadors to Trusted Advisors in their respective location.
- The RCO is accountable for the implementation, monitoring, improvement and documentation of Bombardiers global Compliance minimum standards, principles and measures relevant for developing and maintaining a sustainable Ethics & Compliance program according to national and international standards in the countries of the region in alignment with the ECO.
- Regular evaluation of implementation status of the Ethics & Compliance program in the region.
- Regular alignment (e.g. jour fixes) with CECO regarding Compliance topics with relevance for region, including e.g. Compliance risks, implementation of the global Compliance minimum standards, principles and measures defined by the ECO as well as relevant changes in legal or regulatory requirements.
- Conduct Compliance risk assessments in region..
- Support the ECO with the roll-out of Compliance communication and other corporate initiatives in Region.
- Regular (e.g. monthly) meeting or call with Compliance Ambassadors / Legal in region, joint review of relevant Compliance topics, activities and material enquiries received in country/ies.
- Regular (e.g. annual) face-to-face meetings with Compliance Ambassadors / Legal and local management in countries (as far as deemed necessary and reasonable by the RCO).
- Design and implementation or Compliance relevant processes.
- Support Compliance Ambassadors / Legal in (conceptual) preparation of classroom trainings in alignment with the ECO (e.g. definition of target groups and content according to risk exposure etc.).
- Support Compliance Ambassadors / Legal in organizing and conducting classroom trainings (incl. “Train the trainer”).
- RCO is accountable for the organization and conduct of relevant classroom trainings.
- Regular (at least monthly) reporting to CECO on relevant Compliance topics in region
As our ideal
- You have a minimum of 10 years relevant working
experience in the area of compliance or legal.
- You have strong project management and
- You are able to work within short deadlines and
- You show a high level of cultural sensitivity,
you are self-confident, persuasive, assertive, agile, focused and willing to
- You hold a Bachelor Degree in law, business
administration or any other relevant field
- You have excellent written and spoken communication
skills in both English and French.
- You are flexible in your schedule and available
- You have excellent knowledge at MS Office
applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint
an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons
with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will
keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal Downtown
Organization: Corporate Office
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 12.11.2019, 3:25:11 PM
26.11.2019, 10:59:00 PM
Job Segment: Compliance, Project Manager, Legal, Technology