About UsBoston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world’s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with more than 90 offices in 50 countries.
Practice Area ProfileBCG GAMMA combines innovative skills in computer science, artificial intelligence, statistics, and machine learning with deep industry expertise. The BCG GAMMA team is comprised of world-class data scientists and business consultants who specialize in the use of advanced analytics to get breakthrough business results. Our teams own the full analytics value-chain end to end: framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative algorithms, creating scale through designing tools and apps, and training colleagues and clients in new solutions. Here at BCG GAMMA, you’ll have the chance to work with clients in every BCG region and every industry area. We are also a core member of a rapidly growing analytics enterprise at BCG - a constellation of teams focused on driving practical results for BCG clients by applying leading edge analytics approaches, data, and technology.
OVERVIEW OF BCG GAMMA ENGINEERING:The BCG GAMMA Engineering team is building the next generation of analytics tools. With your help, BCG GAMMA will develop a platform that fuels BCG GAMMA‘s global data and analytics offerings. Data scientists depend on easy to use interfaces to easily code, increase productivity, answer questions, and envision their results. Clients need to easily interact with our analytics applications to measure the success of their new analytics enabled organization or quickly make decisions based on what and how they see analytic output. Our clients will use our analytics solutions to derive insights around business trends. We “open the doors“ to data for our clients giving them fast and trusted options to search, frame, and share data. BCG GAMMA X‘s goal is to help our clients understand what their data means and provide them the tools to share its narrative with various audiences.
POSITION SUMMARY:As a Software Engineer Intern, you will help advance software solutions and analytics to support BCG GAMMA’s analytics platform and clients. Our teams strong analytical skills and ability to develop innovative problem solving solutions will support mission critical decision analytics for our Fortune 500 clients. Additional responsibilities will include developing feature enhancements to our platform, developing industry-leading analytics software solutions and methodologies and provide talks and papers in industry leading conferences on behalf of BCG GAMMA. We're looking for talented individuals with a serious interest in software development, data science, large data analytics and transforming organizations into analytics led innovative companies. As a new division in process of creating an innovative platform, we have many opportunities available throughout our BCG GAMMA team.
- Learning how to apply leading software development practices and standards to develop robust and maintainable software
- Assist in the development of abstract analytic models to solve complex problems for decision analysis
- Maintain a role in the software development life cycle
- Optimize and enhance computational efficiency of algorithms and software design
- Design data structures and visualization of results to provide users actionable intelligence and situational awareness of supporting data
- Share software design and solutions ideas
- Communicate technical design verbally and written
Deadline to apply: December 6, 2019
Location of position: Boston, MA
- Pursuing BS or MS in Computer Science or related field and set to graduate December 2020 of Spring of 2021
- Familiarity with analytic software programming ideally in python, c++, or scala
- Familiarity with data science methods and scaling data science methods
- Proficiency with infrastructure as code principles
- Familiarity with the storage, manipulation and management of relational, non-relational and streaming data structures
- Analytic reasoning and complex problem solving involving mathematical programming and big data problems
- Understanding of parallel computing
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up like development environment
- Experience in GO and/or Python 3
- Exposure to analytics applications or experience building analytics tools (for example, familiarity with tensorflow, h20.ai, orange)
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. for more information on E-Verify.