Account Administrator - FTC
- Country: UK
- Location: Royston, Cambridge
- Location 2: London
- Job ID: 10447
- Area of Interest: Administrative
- Department: Phoenix Programme (UK1)
- Job Type: Full-Time Temporary
Job DescriptionAn exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced team within PA Consulting, who were recently voted one of the “Top 25 places to work in the UK”. Working within the Commercial Finance Team, this role will provide direct administrative support to the Consulting Sector and Service teams.
Working with a variety of stakeholders from within PA, including Partners, Project Managers and Finance Managers. You will be responsible for opening and maintaining sold jobs using bespoke financial tools and maximising weekly revenue figures for one or more specific Consulting teams.
The Account Administrator is required to provide commercial support to Consulting Service and Sector Operating Units, working in conjunction with the respective Commercial Finance Manager (CFM) to be a trusted advisor. This role reports into the CFM.
The Account Administrator is responsible for providing proactive ‘real time’ account administrative support to senior stakeholders and project managers, in line with working to help protect the firm by gate keeping PA’s policies and procedures for successful business management. It is a requirement for the Administrator to highlight any areas of concern to the CFM to ensure that policies and procedures are followed for each client contract.
The role requires commercial awareness to ensure working capital is reduced in line with agreed client contracts, ensuring timely invoicing and a good working relationship with Credit Control. There is a requirement to proactively monitor the weekly WIP and debt position of the jobs they look after and offer support when invoices need to be sent.
A problem solver, the Account Administrator will have a creative approach, typically through viewing problems from a different angle, exploring ways to find compliant solutions.
There is a need to prepare for monthly review meetings with Partners and Project Managers, ensuring in-depth knowledge and understanding of a client contract and costs of the work undertaken, to be able to confidently report verbally and electronically.
- Accurate Commercial filing and Audit compliance
- Managing weekly Time Report Process
- Opening and maintaining Sold jobs in financial systems
- Ensuring accurate and timely Invoicing
- Support to Credit Control Team with chasing of Debt
- Accurate financial reporting to Partners, Assignment Manager and Head of Sectors.
- Support to wider team on ad hoc tasks
Job RequirementsA problem solver, the Account Administrator will have a creative approach, typically through viewing problems from a different angle, exploring ways to find compliant solutions.
The successful candidate will have sound numerical and administrative skills, previous experience with MS Office (Excel & Word essential) and meticulous attention to detail. We’re looking for a team player with good interpersonal skills with an ability to manage their own workload
- Commitment to providing a quality service in line with PA’s processes and procedures
- Able to meet firm wide deadlines as required
- Numerate and able to analyse large amounts of data and figures
- Accurate word processing and spreadsheet skills -. Essential applications: Excel and Word
- Sound business and commercial knowledge ideally gained in a services organisation would be hugely desirable
- Good team player with flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Able to use initiative, work well under pressure, without close supervision
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Good interpersonal skills
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent experience
About PA Consulting GroupWe believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.