Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
SummaryPosted: 26 Sep 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200105008
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The Packaging Graphics Produce manages packaging, labeling, and print documentation for Apple products worldwide to ensure that high-quality printing and finishing is developed, produced, and shipped on time. Ensure the execution of final design for assigned projects. Subject matter expertise in print techniques and manufacturing processes is required. Develop strong partnership with overall design with cross-functional partners. You love Apple and care deeply about packaging. You have appreciation for quality, communicates clearly, and has patience for the process—both engineering and design. The team is tasked with executing simplicity and elegance in a large-scale manufacturing environment, so awareness of limitations and new technologies is critical.
Key Qualifications Key Qualifications
- You have five to seven years experience years relevant experience in consumer electronic or consumer goods packaging and labeling print background.
- You are an expertise in program/project management.
- Knowledge of pre-press, printing processes, and solving on-press issues.
- Requires knowledge of materials, papers, inks, adhesives, and print decoration and finishing techniques.
- A self-starter that who works independently to influence cross-functional teams.
- Positive attitude, leads by example to support collaboration.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills to work with cross-functional teams and a worldwide supply base.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Adaptable, flexible and resourceful to guide change in product definition, time constraints, etc.
- Computer skills/Softwares: Proficient in Mac applications, database management systems. Basic operating skills in Adobe Creative Cloud: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Some travel, both domestic and international (at least 20% of time).
Guide proposal during the creative and development phase of the project while understanding capabilities within our supply base. Maintain deep understanding of product category, staying on top of packaging innovation as it relates to materials and treatments, both on-press and post-press. Work with suppliers to develop packaging and labeling concepts, validate manufacturability, and obtain samples for approval. Handle multiple projects at the same time. Flag issues that may affect internal or external workflow. Track all deliverables by developing timelines and schedules; craft them with engineering schedules and build custom solutions for projects. Establish print specifications in collaboration with Design and PPM: paper choice, inks, printing processes used, foils, varnishes/coatings, lamination, emboss/deboss tools, etc. Together with the Program Manager, ensure documentation (travelers, print specs, mechanicals and proofs), color drawdowns, and press sheets are accurate and on time and meet print standards. Approve final project deliverables: print specifications, travelers, mechanicals, proofs, color drawdowns, press checks, first article inspections, customer experience tests, printing, etc. Handle the localization process including copy approval, translation request, file assessment, file handoff, and localized reviews. Initiate and provide oversight for deliverable part numbers and understand their place on the bill of materials. Brief the Packaging Print Manager on inks, foils, or coatings that need to be developed in-region with our raw materials suppliers for large volume items. Responsible for final color matching approvals. Provide professional color judgement to match design goals across multiple sites and suppliers, including sign off on color standards. Participates in internal meetings, status and design reviews and cross-functional team meetings (Core, Inbox, GSM).
Education & Experience Education & Experience
BS/BA degree; Packaging and Print background preferred.
Additional Requirements Additional Requirements