Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital worlds with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect.
Description:Analog Devices, Inc. (NYSE: ADI), a world-leading semiconductor company, is looking for an experienced server administrator to join our corporate IT Regional Hosting team.
Primary Responsibility:Assists with planning, defining, implementing, and managing physical and virtual server hosting environments. Responsibilities include server deployment, backup and recovery, system monitoring, software installation, administration, capacity planning, and security. Administers server and file system security controls to prevent data loss or spills. Provides information to management on system health and capacity as well as security and license compliance.
- Install, configure, maintain and upgrade hypervisors, guest servers and storage systems
- Create, follow and maintain documentation and standards.
- Perform general troubleshooting and provide consultation to the business and operations teams.
- Anticipates and identifies issues and develops effective alternative solutions; utilizes all possible resources to solve a problem.
- Work as part of a team and provide 7x24 support.
- Participate in regular production status meetings and follow through on escalated production issues to their proper resolution.
- Participate in the creation, maintenance, and execution of standard operating procedures for key production systems.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the security, performance and reliability of systems.
- Documents and trains other employees on system configurations and operating procedures.
- Follows established standards, controls and change management procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent work experience
- 4-8 years demonstrated hands-on experience in Information Systems areas
- Able to estimate, plan, and organize tasks associated with the role with minimal assistance
- Strong skills in problem solving, collaboration, written and verbal communications
- Working knowledge of VMWare, Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of networking, monitoring, storage technologies and related tools
- Experience with scripting, systems management and clustering a plus
For positions requiring access to technical data, Analog Devices, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Analog Devices, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law:
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time