About UsBoston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world’s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with more than 90 offices in 50 countries.
Practice Area ProfileBCG GAMMA combines innovative skills in computer science, artificial intelligence, statistics, and machine learning with deep industry expertise. The BCG GAMMA team is comprised of world-class data scientists and business consultants who specialize in the use of advanced analytics to get breakthrough business results. Our teams own the full analytics value-chain end to end: framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative algorithms, creating scale through designing tools and apps, and training colleagues and clients in new solutions. Here at BCG GAMMA, you’ll have the chance to work with clients in every BCG region and every industry area. We are also a core member of a rapidly growing analytics enterprise at BCG - a constellation of teams focused on driving practical results for BCG clients by applying leading edge analytics approaches, data, and technology.
OVERVIEW OF GAMMA ENGINEERING:The Gamma Engineering team is building the next generation of analytics tools:
With your help, Gamma will develop a platform that fuels BCG Gamma‘s global data and analytics offerings. Data scientists depend on easy to use interfaces to easily code, increase productivity, answer questions, and envision their results.
Clients need to easily interact with our analytics applications to measure the success of their new analytics enabled organization or quickly make decisions based on what and how they see analytic output. Our clients will use our analytics solutions to derive insights around business trends. We “open the doors” to data for our clients giving them fast and trusted options to search, frame, and share data.
POSITION SUMMARY:As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for advancing software solutions to support BCG Gamma’s analytics platform and clients.Your strong analytical skills and ability to develop innovative problem solving solutions will support mission critical decision analytics for our clients. Additional responsibilities will include developing feature enhancements to our platform, developing industry-leading analytics software solutions and methodologies and provide talks and papers in industry leading conferences on behalf of BCG Gamma.We are looking for talented individuals with a serious commitment to software development, data science, large data analytics and transforming organizations into analytics led innovative companies.
- Apply software development practices and standards to develop robust and maintainable software
- Develop abstract analytic models to solve complex problems for decision analysis
- Maintain an active role in every part of the software development life cycle
- Guide non-technical teams and consultants in understanding analytics at scale, infrastructure as code and best practices for robust software development
- Optimize and enhance computational efficiency of algorithms and software design
- Design data structures and visualization of results to provide users actionable intelligence and situational awareness of supporting data
- Interact directly with clients on new features for future product releases
- Share software design and solutions ideas
- Masters Degree in Computer Research Science, Statistics, Operations Research, or related field
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a software development environment
- Experience with Hashicorp Vault, Terraform & Consul
- Exposure to analytics applications or experience building analytics tools
- Familiarity with data science methods and scaling data science methods
- Proficiency with infrastructure as code principles
- Familiarity with the storage, manipulation and management of relational, non-relational and streaming data structures
- Analytic reasoning and complex problem solving involving mathematical programming and big data problems
- Understanding of parallel computing
- DevOps: Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, Terraform, unix-based command line
- Full stack development: GraphQL, React
- Data: SQL, Spark, Hadoop
- Data Science and machine learning (Pandas, Scikit learn)
- Deep learning (Tensorflow, Keras etc.)
- Cloud: AWS/Azure/Google
- Fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment
- Position is located in Gamma European hubs (Paris, London, Germany, Nordics etc.)
- Fluency in local language and English are required
- Expect time spent traveling