Bellevue, Washington, United States
- Job number 643799
- Date posted Jun 14, 2019
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Engineering
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Do you want to utilize your knowledge of cutting-edge AI and big data to make a difference in online advertising? We are looking for a Software Engineer for developing global scale streaming & AI infrastructure for multi billions Bing Ads business. This position is a hands-on development role and requires bachelor/master’s degree in computer science or equivalent industry experiences. We are looking for developers with solid CS fundamentals, passion to build products, learn new areas and apply your creativity. You'll have an opportunity to develop experience in multiple areas (online/offline/data analysis) in this role.
- Design, implement, and operate a global scale multi-tier streaming data processing and search index building infrastructure.
- Evaluate and optimize code to maximize performance.
- Take on extremely high impact work and leverage to quickly deliver on areas that are most critical to the team.
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Hands-on experiences in C#/C++/Java.
- Knowledge on design and implement performant Azure based services and tools
- Comfortable working with one or more of the following technologies: MVC, relational database/SQL, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, HBase, Hive, Pig, Cosmosdb, Python, Powershell, ASP.Net, and large scale online distributed systems knowledge.
- Knowledge of information retrieval, machine learning, or AI technology.
- Good understanding of the software development cycle and Agile development practice.
- Passion for solving complex and interest problems.
- Fast learner and ability to prioritize and manage several tasks at once.
- Strong writing, communication, and coordination skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.