Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job number 641623
- Date posted Jun 16, 2019
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Services
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Are you interested in the cloud business, passionate about cloud computing technology? The Microsoft Azure Platform is strategic to Microsoft enabling customers, ISVs, and Microsoft IT to develop, test, and deploy solutions in the cloud to take advantage of economies of scale, reliability, globally distributed data centers, and generally reduce the effort of managing dedicated IT infrastructure. Azure is a growing leader in the cloud market with Azure Support enabling customer success and providing a key differentiator when customers make buying decisions.
Azure Team is looking for a customer focused Support Engineer passionate about site up, availability, and supportability of the Azure platform. This role will be accountable for diagnosing and troubleshooting mission critical customer applications built on the Windows Azure platform. The successful candidate will be able to manage complex, highly available services with a deep understanding of the underlying components, concepts (Azure Platform, Azure SDK, migration), and work directly with customers, and Engineering Team.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and remediate Azure software, network and datacenter stacks and bring quicker resolutions.
- drive continuous improvement in the Azure platform by incorporating feedback from internal/external customers
- Develop tools, scripts to automate troubleshooting activities
- Provide customer escalation analysis and leveraging data to drive further improvements in the platform, tooling improvements
- Identify and drive requirements for increased customer self-supportability
- Identify and drive implementation of customer centric mitigation levers and playbooks for Operations
- Respond to and resolve critical customer issues as part of a work shift and attend urgent ad-hoc requests
Required Soft Skills
- handle technically challenging hot customer situations, including the appropriate use of all available resources, communicate effectively with Support teams and development on complex technical issues
- Strong communications skills - Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Effective, polished interaction with customer to gather information
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills
- Cross-team collaboration
- Logical and Critical thinking
- Passion for technology and customer support
- Understanding of cloud vs. on premise computing.
Required Technical Skills
- Knowledge of one or two of the following domains: Cloud Computing, Microsoft Azure Platform, Server Operating System (Windows/Linux)/Networking.
- Experience with C# and .NET, PowerShell, Cloud Computing
- Service engineering and/or DevOps experience at internet scale involving user data and/or software development for an enterprise level product
Better to have– Knowledge of Microsoft Azure architecture and its components (Fabric, Compute, Storage)
– Knowledge of Windows Azure Platform services
- Experience with Java, PHP, Python, Node.js developing and troubleshooting
EXPERIENCEAt least 3 years of Technical Support experience (in a Tier 2) including experience in a customer facing or customer technical support role
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONB.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.