you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of
people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today
and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our
world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business
success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The
Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and
includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and
components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industry’s
technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a
Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric
culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once
our products hit the road. That’s because we believe that business
success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our
customer’s experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our
sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired
tools of the future.
The company that first introduced the vehicle 130 years ago, that has continued to pioneer Advanced Driver Assistance Systems technology in commercial vehicles and that brought the first automated commercial vehicle to public roads is changing transportation…again! Daimler Trucks is establishing a new, international department to bring highly automated driving technologies to series production.
We will harness the might of our global resources and institutional know-how to invest in the latest development technology. We will leverage agile development methods to learn fast and move forward. We will be customer-focused, ethically and regulatory compliant. Our products will be reliable, safe and efficient – and to do all this we need you, the best of the best, to join our team.
Our ideal candidate is obsessed with innovation, dreams to contribute to more sustainable transport solutions and to increase safety on the roads. If that sounds like you – come shape the future of transportation with us!
In this role, you will support the automated driving group in the area of actuators development for our highly automated truck. You will define specifications, interface with other engineering departments, and ensure that the actuators meet the safety and reliability requirements.
- Support development and launch of highly automated trucks at Daimler Trucks North America
- Develop and release braking and steering systems for highly automated driving
- Interface with system engineers and relevant partners to derive requirements for the vehicle actuators
- Work closely with the testing department to develop a validation plan (i.e. reviews, simulation, and vehicle test)
- Collaborate with other teams around the globe and transfer knowledge gained on advanced technology
- Interact with European and US companies and organizations to develop and cultivate strategic partnerships
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies in the field of automated-driving and safety
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related from an accredited university/college with 3+ years of related experience required
An attached resume is required
- Proven work experience with product development of automotive actuators, such as brakes and steering preferred
- Proven work experience in cross-functional development with suppliers, manufacturing, purchasing and testing required
- Understanding of controls and vehicle dynamics preferred
- Reliable, self-motivated and able to work in an environment of ambiguity and ongoing change required
- Ability to work and collaborate with remote locations over different time zones required
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally required
- Strong English presentation and communication skills required
Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.
Field of activity:Research and Development incl. Design
DepartmentAutonomous@DT - Redundant Chassis