Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
SummaryPosted: 17 May 2019
Role Number: 200061250
Apple's autonomous systems group is looking for highly motivated robotics and software engineering students to take part in the development of an ambitious product. In this internship, you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class cross-functional team, developing software for an innovative new device.
Key Qualifications Key Qualifications
- Background in multiple of the following: SLAM, mapping, localization, calibration, sensor fusion, tracking, scene understanding, robotic systems.
- Experience in multiple of the following: non-linear optimization, 3D geometry, state estimation.
- Experience with advanced algorithms, data structures and working with real sensor data.
- Strong C++ development skills.
- Experience with Python and developing in the Linux and/or Mac OS environment.
- Familiarity with real-time, multi-process and multi-threaded coding.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written/presentational skills.
The successful candidate will: Be an essential part of a team of engineers and scientists developing state-of-the-art estimation algorithms used for a variety of tasks, including calibration, localization and tracking. Contribute to the algorithms full development cycle, their design, implementation and testing. You must be hands-on, eager, curious and never satisfied with the status quo. You must love learning and being challenged.
Education & Experience Education & Experience
Enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in robotics, engineering, computer science or related field.
Additional Requirements Additional Requirements