Job ID: 2019-22133
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
The SOC operator candidate will use various reactive and proactive platforms to monitor all critical and potential hazardous environmental conditions focused on mitigating physical risk and safeguarding people, property, and assets throughout the Altice enterprise.
Under the direction of the SOC Manager, proactively conduct physical security patrols as directed and monitor and report on all security and environmental system conditions and alarms in a 24 x 7 environment. Reactively respond to emergency situations as directed.
The position further requires identification, notification; escalation and resolution to appropriate internal agencies, (Local Management, Executive Management, Risk Management, Legal, Investigations, Executive Services, Call Centers, and Optimum Stores) and/or escalate technical abnormalities to the appropriate personnel that may arise from time to time that otherwise present a security risk or operational risk. Candidate will be required to be available on short notice as weather, local or national emergencies arise.
The position will also include interaction with (as directed by the SOC management team) various local emergency and Police agencies throughout the footprint. Responsibilities will include following operational documents and procedures set forth by management, and to continually facilitate a high level of inter-departmental communications on a daily basis.
- Pro-actively monitor facilities through the use of access control, CCTV, and alarm points. The operator will be responsible to virtually respond to all incidents and mitigate accordingly.
- Will initiate and escalate all incidents based on risk to internal as well as external resources to include but not limited to Law Enforcement, Fire, and EMS. The operator will be responsible that the requested resources respond accordingly and provide updates to management as to the status.
- Report on all Physical Security Systems and environmental condition alarms throughout Altice footprint.
- Perform various daily maintenance tasks, and reports based on operational procedure, and or management. Respond as directed to deficient areas to directly remediate the issue.
- Performs diagnostic procedures by service architecture as directed, (i.e. CCTV Infrastructure, Card Access Infrastructure, and Environmental Infrastructure) to identify root-causes of identified problems. Adheres to established response plans, interface with management and remediate issues as directed.
- Notifies functional groups of physical security or environmental issues. Escalates difficult or complex problems according to procedure.
- Logs all events and activities (vSOC D3). Generate routine reports, as well as fulfill requests for instant reports.
- Performs specific setup, configuration, and system administration tasks as required.
- *Hours are from 6:30am-6:45pm, 3 days a week**
- Minimum 3 years of security work experience or equivalent law enforcement experience.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred;law enforcement experience or military experience or technical/trade school certification.
- Broad computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Preferred knowledge of CCTV, access control and intrusion systems.
- NYS Security Guard License preferred
- Possess valid NYS driver’s license.
- Preferred CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
- Knowledge of PC and MAC environments and applications, including networking
- Candidate must have working knowledge of PC/MAC hardware and software. Ability to lead internal customers through established troubleshooting procedures to identify and resolve technical problems that may arise with CCTV, Door Access, Environmental monitoring, and or remote surveillance network issues
- Must have a working knowledge of Windows, REMEDY UTT type database, BMS, and has worked with various CCTV networks.
- Knowledge of hardware/software issue resolution.
- Ability to work in a fast paced “Team” environment
- Proven logical, analytic, and organizational abilities, good verbal & written skills
- Ability to work well under pressure. Takes initiative
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.