Job ID: 2019-22102
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
The Headend Technician constructs, installs, operates, repairs, and maintains Master Telecommunication Center (MTC/headend) components. Monitors reception and distribution of off-air, satellite, microwave, studio feed, and locally-originated programming to the network utilizing coaxial cable, microwave and fiber optic transmission technologies.
- Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding Altice USA's values
- Installs, maintains, provisions, checks and adjusts MTC/headend equipment including CATV, telephony, high-speed data communications, networking, and other equipment (specifics may vary by specialty)
- Performs routine checks of RF levels and headend alignment
- Performs status monitoring of RF and data performance and reports and/or repairs discrepancies
- Verifies video and audio levels for satellite and stereo processing equipment
- Monitors commercial insertion equipment for performance as needed
- Assists the supervisor with work flow, training, quality assurance and providing support and direction to other technicians
- Ensures transmission and distribution equipment and active cable plant meet Suddenlink, franchise and FCC standards
- Analyzes and troubleshoot problems for quick resolution in collaboration with network operations center
- Maintains accurate inventory of headend network elements within element manager database
- Measures network performance and diagnose network problems using measurement and diagnostic tools and methods
- Ensures installation, documentation and turn-up of circuits and equipment conform to engineering standards
- Significant field experience as broadband technician or equivalent “hands on” experience with CATV, fiber optics, microwave, broadband or telephony
- Knowledge and application of advanced mathematics and electronics
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations regarding cable television and familiarity with the National Electric Safety Code
- Proficient in using a Windows-based computer
- Ability to work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat
- Ability to work performed near power lines and electricity
- Driver's license and ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions day or night is required
- Associate degree in related field or two (2) years formal electronics training preferred
- NCTI and/or SCTE courses preferred
- Bi-lingual proficiency preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.