Job DescriptionJob Number: R0053610
Public Safety Policy Analyst
Serve as a public safety policy analyst as part of the justice, homeland security, and transportation (JHT) team to provide public safety and emergency communications, emergency management policy analysis, and strategic and technical analysis in support of the client's federal, state, local, and tribal public safety emergency communications coordination mission. Help lead discussions with clients and stakeholders. Define project requirements, facilitate data collection and analyses, help develop client solutions, support studies and meetings, and document and compile notes. Develop project deliverables, including written reports and briefing slides. Support governance, policy analysis, and technical assessments of public safety communications technologies in the emergency communications ecosystem. Draft reports on critical aspects of emergency communications technology, including operability, interoperability, governance, training and exercises, and planning through briefings, white papers, and stakeholder engagements.
- 2 + years of experience in a professional work environment
- Experience in working with public safety, law enforcement, emergency communications, or emergency management
- Experience with stakeholder or client engagement or outreach
- Experience in working with federal, state, or local government clients
- Ability to obtain secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with telecommunication technologies and policy considerations in the emergency communications field, including Broadband and LTE, Land Mobile Radio, and 911
- Experience with working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Knowledge of current federal, state, or local communications policy landscape and current rulemakings
- Knowledge of the communications systems planning, budgeting, and acquisition processes at the State, local, or federal level
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent analytical skills
- Possession of excellent and diverse problem-solving skills
- BS degree in Systems Engineering, EE, or related degree preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.