Alfa Laval is a leading global supplier of products and solutions for heat transfer, separation and fluid handling through our key products – heat exchangers, separators, pumps and valves. We currently play a vital role in areas that are crucial for society, such as energy optimization, environmental protection and food production.
Alfa Laval’s products are used in the manufacturing of food, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, starch, sugar and ethanol. We are also used in nuclear power, onboard vessels; and in the engineering sector, mining industry and refinery sector as well as treating wastewater and creating a comfortable indoor climate.
This position is responsible for the technical and commercial execution of activities as it relates to Alfa Laval’s Gasketed Plate Heat Exchanger. Activities such as lead generation, offer execution, and area of responsibility analysis will be critical to the success of this role.
You enjoy working with customers and in a team environment. The position requires the ability to be personable, friendly, and outgoing. You are motivated to win and to help grow the business. You bring a combination of technical and commercial skill sets to the role. In addition, you also enjoy working in a fast paced environment handling a variety of tasks as part of your daily routine.
Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Successfully achieving the agreed up on number of customer “impacts” * each year
- Example: LinkedIn Connections, Webinars, Tradeshows, Customer Visits, Quotations
- Generating leads by use of digital media, webinars, customer visits, events, and promotions
- Must work within the OneCRM tool: logging leads, qualifying leads, creating opportunities, generating quotes, delivering proposals, and registering updates.
- Works closely with Sales Channels responding to quote requests, determining pricing structure, entering order information and consulting on technical issues.
- Able to demonstrate a strong business acumen to understand the opportunity and the proper questions to ask.
- Strong technical competence able to ensure the proper customer solution with a competitive analysis.
- Strong ability to develop the offer utilizing a value-based quotation. Follow up on the offer and solicit any customer feedfor review
- Able to execute the order that is in alignment with the offer utilizing Alfa Laval’s order processing systems and commercial guidelines.
- Recommend areas of necessary channel development and replacement. Know what channel options are available and be able to provide an evaluation.
- Participate in regular channel training and development.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities of the Successful Candidate:
Along with 1 - 3 years of experience you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Advanced degree (MS or MBA) a plus
- Solution selling background desired
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong PC, communication skills, and business acumen