Alkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company developing innovative medicines. The company has a diversified commercial product portfolio and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates for chronic diseases that include cancer, schizophrenia, depression, addiction and multiple sclerosis. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts; a research and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes’ website at www.alkermes.com .
Position Summary:Work under supervision of Alkermes scientists on the following projects:
- As a member of the Modeling and Informatics group at Alkermes learn to work in a collaborative environment with Medicinal Chemistry teams.
- Build workflows to automate text analytics for patents and scientific journal articles to extract structure activity relationships that can be used by medicinal chemists.
- Publish above text analytics workflows as web based tool for medicinal chemists.
- 55%- Build workflows to automatically extract data from patents and scientific journal articles using NextMoveSoftware Python scripts.
- 15%- Publish workflows for text analytics as a web based tool for medicinal chemists.
- 15%- Apply workflows to analyze patents and scientific literature for a specific in-house project.
- 15%- Build SAR data base from patent data
- Hands-on experience with Unix/Linux operating environment.
- Strong hands-on experience with Python and basic shell scripting.
- Familiarity with workflow software e.g. KNIME or PipelinePilot; KNIME preferred.
- Basic understanding of chemistry and chemical structure.
- Ability to read patent literature a plus.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Education & Experience:
- Pursuing graduate-level degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) discipline.
- Experience in computational chemistry/cheminformatics a plus.
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, age, mental and physical disability, genetic information, any veteran status, military status or application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law.