Chicago - United States
EnvironmentCorporate Coverage within Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking (“SGCIB”) is responsible for managing the Bank’s global business relationships with large US multinational clients. In Chicago, the Corporate Coverage team’s primary industry sectors are Diversified Industrials, Healthcare and the McDonald’s System. Currently there are approximately 25 such clients, most are investment grade, and most are well-known Fortune 100 names. The portfolio has been consistently growing over the last three years and is expected to add substantial business in 2016.
The Corporate Coverage team’s ambition is to bring the Bank’s global capabilities and firepower to key clients and thereby make SGCIB one of their top-tier banks.
Bankers in Corporate Coverage provide business lines within SGCIB and outside of SGCIB with access to client deal flow, and assist in cross-selling all of Societe Generale’s key global products. This is accomplished through client meetings with CFOs, Treasury teams and Corporate Development teams to pitch new business. Our goal is to develop business in accordance to Societe Generale’s high standards of marginal income, healthy returns and superior quality that meet the Bank's after-tax returns.
MissionDay to day responsibilities (under the supervision of the Chicago Corporate Coverage team) include but are not limited to the preparation of:
- Pitch books (slide creation and binding)
- Profitability analysis (advanced Excel modeling) for prospective transactions
- Pre-Screening Memos (business cases and client profitability tables)
- Client profile development
- Special sector studies as needed
- Various internal reports and operational Corporate Coverage team support
- Corporate Finance data gathering on individual clients or industrial sectors
- Follow up with business line product specialists on specific client initiatives
- Tracking of live deal and pitch communication for current and prospective clients
- Communication with clients for periodic KYC document updates
- Yearly budget, periodic income forecast, income correction campaigns on the portfolio
ProfileThe VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Chicago is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
Your profileYou graduated with a Master degree from Engineering or Business School or University in Finance and global capital markets. You have a previous experience in accounting, asset management, consulting, or investment banking.
You are fluent in English. You are proficient with MS office.
- Strong sense of organization
- Strong research capabilities
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to write succinctly and convincingly (effective communication skills)
- Ability to handle several projects at the same time (2-3 live deals or projects at once)
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong personal drive and self-motivation
- Ability to reason through business situations
- Ability to work in different time zones with product lines
- Flexibility to work hours necessary to get tasks completed
- Desire to continue in the banking industry and in relationship management
EvolutionDuring your mission, you will be exposed to U.S. / global Industrials and Healthcare industry, as well as exposure to U.S. capital markets and banking products.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
All our positions are open for people with disabilities.