Job ID: 2018-20780
Location:Long Island City, NY
Altice USA — one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States — launched a4, the company’s advanced advertising and data business, which delivers audience-based, multiscreen advertising solutions to local, regional and national advertisers and MVPD partners.
a4 Media is driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
Our business-specific, internship program encourages students to put their knowledge into practice while they develop additional skills through experiential learning, team building events and structured feedsessions. Our goal is to provide today’s talent with the training, exposure and motivation needed to grow into the leaders of tomorrow.
This position with a4 is responsible for analyzing advertising inventory usage, pricing, sellout, and rating trends. Work with Regional Sales VPs, Sales Managers, and AE’s, in maximizing inventory usage and pricing, based on sales trends for all networks. Provide feedon inventory pressures as analyzed and recommended strategic scheduling. Sales support including sales assistants, traffic coordinators, and sales planner. Work with research personnel in analyzing rating trends and applying appropriate value recommendations to sales management. Utilize traffic system and Decentrix data warehouse to assist in analysis of inventory usage, pricing, and creation of rate cards. Build separate trend reports for sales and marketing management. Analyze CRM data and forecast account activity impact on inventory. Utilize traffic reports to assist A.E.’s in planning schedules. Interns will also be involved with analyzing digital advertising performance to help create pricing strategy that maximizes profit.
OPERATIONAL ACTIVITIES OF THIS POSITION
1. Monitor and analyze historical inventory pricing and sellout to determine future rates.
2. Create and revise processes in order maximize efficiency and effectiveness of business unit.
3. Provide business insight around ad-hoc and recurring activity and requests.
4. Troubleshoot automated processes as necessary.
5. Construct a data warehouse to help with pricing and trend analysis.
Interns, in this role will apply a logical, systematic approach to problem-solving using math and statistics to identify insights and make actionable recommendations to build sales relationships. Working closely with the Data Analytics, Pricing, and Sales teams, interns will analyze the viewing habits of our subscribers using analytical tools and ratings information.
- Completing a bachelor’s or master’s degree between December 2019 and June 2020 with preferred majors in Business Intelligence & Analytics, Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Decision Sciences, Management Information Systems or other related technical discipline
- Some Experience/Knowledge of:
- RDBMS technology and SQL preferred
- Object-oriented programming such as Java and Python
- Tableau and MicroStrategy Business Intelligence technologies
- Data analytic tools such as R, SAS tools, SPSS, Weka , Matlab for data manipulation, advanced math algorithms, and statistical predictive modeling
- Large scale optimization employing meta heuristics
- Apache projects like Pig, Hive, Mahout or any other Big Data analytics tools is desirable
- Familiarity with Excel Power Query / Power Pivot a plus
- Expertise in building and applying statistical/mathematical methods, machine learning/ predictive modelling in real-world use cases
- Demonstrated ability to abstract model representations and formulate repeatable models
- Exposure to big data platforms, such as Hadoop, on cloud infrastructure, such as AWS
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Business skills to understand problems and build the algorithms necessary to find the right answers
- A strength in presenting complex results in a visual and intuitive manner
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and in a team
- Fearless – not afraid to be a bold and outside the box thinker
- Love for media, and general excitement to learn new skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.