Job ID: 2018-20776
Altice USA — one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States — launched a4, the company’s advanced advertising and data business, which delivers audience-based, multiscreen advertising solutions to local, regional and national advertisers and MVPD partners.
a4 Media is driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
Our business-specific, internship program encourages students to put their knowledge into practice while they develop additional skills through experiential learning, team building events and structured feedsessions. Our goal is to provide today’s talent with the training, exposure and motivation needed to grow into the leaders of tomorrow.
Our Athena app is the future of self-serve multiscreen advertising, empowering businesses to reach the right people at the right time on the right device. Our team is growing and we're rebuilding Athena from the ground up, so there couldn't be a more exciting time to intern here.
Why intern at a4?
- You'll use the latest tech stacks and work with a squad of cross-functional interns in an agile environment
- You'll be responsible for customer-facing modules in our Athena web app
- Your work will help advertisers across the US reach millions of potential customers
- You'll have the autonomy to make your own decisions, but still get the support of experienced technology professionals
- Your time here will be challenging, impactful, and something you can showcase in your portfolio
Requirements or Preferred Qualifications:
- Completing a bachelor’s or master’s degree between December 2019 and June 2020 with preferred majors in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related technical discipline
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3 and preprocessors (SASS/LESS)
- Experience with Linux commands/ bash scripts, modern libraries/frameworks, preferably react
- Interest in delivering excellent user experiences
- Preferred skills/experiences:
- Unit testing and frameworks/tools (Jest, Jasmine, Enzyme, etc.)
- Managing data flow using libraries like Redux/MobX
- Building responsive or mobile user interfaces
- Build tools such as Web pack or Parcel
- Professional or project portfolio pieces you're proud of and can tell us about
- Experience with or passion for working with teams of designers, product managers, and data analysts
- An interest in advertising technology and building impactful software experiences
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.