Job ID: 2019-21715
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
The Newsroom Coordinator will provide comprehensive office administrative support for the day-to-day operations for both the News Director and Manager of Business Planning. This person will assistant and coordinate all administrative requirements, which includes, but are not limited to:
- Clothing and makeup reimbursement
- Assist with managers and quarterly staff meetings (order food, consolidate agenda, etc)
- Help with iExpense (T&E)
- Answering phones
- Ordering supplies
- Respond to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situation required
- Assist with internship program
- Onboarding new hires
- Travel arrangements
- Provide assistance with tape dub requests
- Offer support with school closing
- Arranging miscellaneous meetings
- Assist with month end close
- Receiving in Oracle
- Resolve open PO’s
- Petty cash
- Developing IC analysis
- Chasing and processing invoices
- Maintaining databases (contract file, G/L, A/P distribution
- Assist with reclass and accruals
- Vendor inquiry
- Ad-hoc reporting as needed
- Five years administrative experience required with accounting or finance background preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Team player with great interpersonal skills, well organized, attention to details, and can multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain highest degree of confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Highly proficient typing and data entry skills.
- Must be flexible to work overtime on short notice, including during news events.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.