Redmond, Washington, United States
- Job number 570434
- Date posted Jan 9, 2019
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Engineering
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Are you passionate about building cool new devices and technologies? The Surface Team focuses on building devices that fully express the Windows vision. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want, and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation and Surface needs you!
ResponsibilitiesRole & Opportunity:
The Surface development team is seeking a talented software development engineer with a strong systems background and experience with hardware and firmware interaction. Job responsibilities will encompass designing and coding low-level drivers, tools and firmware in embedded systems. You need to be a team player who works well in a collaborative environment with peers in other development disciplines, Quality and Program Management.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent C/C++ design and coding skills
- Ability to quickly ramp-up on complex and unfamiliar code
- Experience with developing systems firmware for processors / microcontrollers
- Practical demonstrated experience working with and debugging hardware/firmware interaction during board bring-up and component upgrade.
- Ability to debug systemic issues and hardware as well as software problems.
- Experience with embedded system software development, especially at a system architectural level
- Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven Some domestic and international travel may be necessary.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.