Redmond, Washington, United States
- Job number 570145
- Date posted Jan 8, 2019
- Travel None
- Profession Supply Chain & Operations Management
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
If you are looking for a challenging, invigorating, exciting and fast paced role in an increasingly critical segment of the Microsoft Procurement group, this is the role for you. Our team is responsible for the sourcing, negotiation, and contracting of third party software, and SaaS solutions across the enterprise. We partner deeply with legal, privacy, and other governance teams to safeguard Microsoft interests while driving value and managing risk for our stakeholders and Microsoft. We work on some of the most exciting, challenging, and fulfilling sourcing projects across the company with a high degree of visibility both within Procurement, and across the stakeholder landscape.
The 3rd Party Software Sourcing Manager role will drive consistency, leverage economies of scale, deliver cost efficiencies and exceed quality and agility expectations relative to managing and executing sourcing and negotiation processes for Microsoft. This role will focus not only on managing strategic sourcing activities but also on executing those against standard processes and templates to increase rigor and drive additional insights (metrics etc.) for Procurement. This role will also leverage category expertise, program operations, and Procurement business engagement teams where necessary. This person will be responsible and accountable to both Procurement business engagement teams and Microsoft business stakeholders to deliver supplier sourcing strategies in support of business priorities. This role reports to a Sourcing Group Manager within Procurement.
- Lead the negotiation and facilitation of complex Software License, Cloud Services and SaaS negotiations.
- Comply with standard, certified Procurement sourcing procedures and processes to drive efficiency and enable business agility
- Lead the development of standard business case documentation at conclusion of sourcing activities.
- Lead engagement with Microsoft stakeholders from project kick-off through business case approvals, while ensuring effective contractual risk mitigation, savings results and process awareness/adoption throughout.
- Execute sourcing within the contracting lifecycle to include multiple project types such as strategic sourcing, quick-twitch sourcing/negotiations, and contract re-development/negotiations.
- Maintain a regular cadence with Procurement engagement teams driving alignment of business requirements, economic opportunity areas, mutual accountability to Microsoft stakeholders for sourcing execution and overall improvement to business metrics through Procurement activities
- Deliver sourcing project porfolio adhering ot relevant sourcing plan of record and associated metrics (e.g., savings, schedule, CSAT).
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities needed:
- Ability to work in a complex, fluid environment with competing priorities
- Ability to effectively engage and partner with demanding customers and stakeholders
- Substantial negotiation and business process skills
- Understanding of software licensing terms and conditions.
- Established knowledge (and observed application) of best practice sourcing methodologies including strategic sourcing, quick-hit contract negotiations, and RFx activities.
- Robust project management skills which align to exceeding schedule and scope expectations for Microsoft stakeholders
- Proven and observed cross-functional team facilitation experience. Ability to build quick rapport, trust and credibility.
- Deep engagement and partnership building experience
- Ability to be decisive in the face of ambiguity
- Strategic focus with the ability to analyze, formulate, and implement Procurement strategies to reduce costs for a global business
- BS/BA degree plus minimum (2) years business experience in the field of Procurement, strategic sourcing and software contract management.
- Proven cross-functional team facilitation experience preferred
- Analytical and strategic problem-solving capabilities in finance and business subjects
- Excellent communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.