DescriptionVeolia offers the most complete range of environmental solutions to meet the challenges of cities, governments, campuses, businesses and industries. Our network of talent and hands-on know-how is unique and unrivaled.
We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for more than 550 communities and more than 30,000 businesses, campuses and organizations throughout North America.
Our Gulf Coast branch provides services for our customers located in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas. Within the Gulf Coast branch, Veolia operates a hazardous waste incinerator in Port Arthur, TX, a service center in Baytown, TX and a service center in College Park, GA. The Gulf Coast branch offers the following services: Lab Chemical Services, On-Site Services, Transportation, Household Hazardous Waste, Reactive Chemicals, Remediation, Training Services, Specialty Services, Drum Management, Incineration, Fuels Blending, Recycling and Radioactive Waste Management. Veolia is seeking the following position:
Process EngineerResponsible for developing, implementing and monitoring processing plans and process improvements for and relating to incineration and providing assistance to plant operations personnel to include troubleshooting incinerator unit and all support units. Responsible for working proficiently with all support departments to expedite processing of feed stock. Interact with appropriate governmental regulatory agencies and insure compliance in environmental, health and safety issues and requirements at the federal, state and local regulatory levels. At the direction of immediate supervisor, interfaces with customers and regulators during facility audits, inspections, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review incineration waste stream properties to determine appropriate processing approaches in satisfying specifications, and environmental and safety requirements.
- Provide guidance and assistance to operational personnel on processing procedures to insure that appropriate procedures are followed.
- Assist operational personnel in the resolution of incineration difficulties pertaining to reduced production, excessive emissions, lack of maintaining product specifications, and downtime.
- Identify opportunities to improve facility productivity by reducing emissions, and increasing the reliability and safety of waste processing.
- Review incineration operating records to identify opportunities for potential improvements of existing and/or new hazardous waste processing.
- Identify facility capital projects needing implementation and define scope and requirements to facilitate appropriate cost and justification to begin project(s).
- Supervise construction projects to insure appropriate contract compliance, specifications, purchasing, insurance, safety, and environmental policies.
- Optimization of waste feed by determining best feed mix from onsite inventory and inbound shipments.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Chemical Engineering or related discipline required
- 5 to 10 years in the hazardous waste industry or related work experience preferred
- Prior work experience of 2 year in an analytical capacity preferred
- 24 Hour HAZWOPER
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Extensive knowledge in processing methodologies, data compilation, evaluation and implementation of resulting improvements
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple deadlines
- Strong customer orientation
Veolia is an E/O/E