Santa Ana, California
Requisition ID: 2165180914
Johnson & Johnson Vision Surgical, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Medical Information Specialist, located in Santa Ana, Ca.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Surgical (“JJVS”) is focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of medical devices for cataract and refractive surgery. As a global cataract leader, JJVS provides intraocular lenses (both monofocal reimbursed and premium IOLs) that are specially designed to provide optimized visual outcomes, phacoemulsification and femtosecond laser equipment to safely and efficiently remove cataracts and a full offering of surgical adjuncts, including sterile viscosurgical devices/solutions.
JJVS is the global market leader in the presbyopia correcting IOL marketplace and holds strong #2 positions in all other cataract surgery markets in which it competes. JJVS is also the global market leader in laser refractive surgery and provides excimer and femtosecond lasers and advanced diagnostic devices for corneal refractive surgery. JJVS provides its products in more than 150 countries (more than 60 with a direct sales presence) worldwide.
This position will be supporting a professional team of MDs, ODs, RNs, etc. in Medical Affairs and will be responsible for managing the Medical Information mailbox – supporting the end-to-end process for reactive response to requests for medical/scientific information. The Medical Affairs Specialist 2 will be interfacing with cross-functional teams at Johnson & Johnson Vision, and must possess good interpersonal and communication skills; must be self-motivated, customer-oriented and a team player. Support to Medical/Scientific Information function.
The Medical Information Specialist will:
- Monitor and disposition the Medical Information mailbox to ensure all requests are addressed in a timely manner.
- Address case creation and delegation of cases to Subject Matter Experts (SME) in the Medical Information System
- Respond to requests for scientific literature from HCPs and internal stakeholders where SRDs and FAQs are available
- Coordinate and execute weekly publication briefs
- Create/develop metrics, reports, summaries, collateral materials generated from medical conferences/congresses
- Provide project support/ vendor management: submission of statement of work (SOW), invoices, purchase requisitions, etc.
- Support to Subject Matter Expert (SME) / Medical Science Liaison (MSL) function
- Perform simple calculation of JJSV intraocular lenses (IOL) supported by IOL power calculation programs
- Facilitate contracts with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) who perform consulting services with the Medical Information group
- Coordinate support activities related to Advisory Boards owned and managed by Global Medical Affairs
- Provide support for other Ad Hoc projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
- Two years’ experience or certification in any ophthalmology related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Familiarity with cloud-based applications (Veeva, Salesforce) is a plus.